Chapter Twenty.

I woke up hearing knocking on my door and with an arm around my bare waist. Looking to my right I could see Spencer still sleeping by the side of me. I smiled at how young he looked when he’s sleeping before slowly climbing out of the bed and throwing a pair of pyjama bottoms and a vest top on over my underwear. I slipped my slippers on as I walked to my front door while still putting my dressing gown on. I unlocked the door and opened it slightly to see the smiling face of my parents on my doorstep.

“Morning? I didn’t think you were coming this early.” I swallowed heavily while forcing a smile on my face.

“Well we wanted to come and see you as soon as we were up. Nadolig llawen!” my dad smiled widely as he moved closer to the door.

“Gimme two minutes… I need to tidy up.” I closed the door behind me as I began mentally freaking out a little. I walked into the living room and began to quickly put all of Spencer’s things into my bedroom.

“What’s going on?” Spence asked sleepily from the bed.

“My mam and dad are on the doorstep… as in, they are three hours early on the doorstep.” I looked at Spence in horror as his eyes widened slightly at this new information.

“Sam, are you orrite?” my mam called from the front door.

“Yea, I’m fine… just gimme a few.” I called back as I handed Spencer his clothes from yesterday. Once Spencer was dressed, I walked into the living room to grab him a cupcake when I walked right into my dad. “Uh.. Dad… how’d you get in?”

“You didn’t close the door. Not properly anyway.” My dad hugged me with a smile as my head began freaking out.

“I’ll see you la-.” Spencer walked out of the bedroom talking without looking. As soon as he looked up from the ground and his eyes locked with my dad he suddenly stopped his sentence.

“Dr Reid.” My father greeted cooly, too cooly, in my opinion. “Merry Christmas.”

“PC Jones. Merry Christmas to you too.” Spencer stepped forward with the same air of confidence he had when he had met my parents met in Vegas in May.

My dad and Spencer shook hands before my dad directed his gaze to me. “What is Doctor Reid doing here Sam?” my mother spoke from the doorway, trying to suppress a smile.

I looked to Spencer as he stood by the side of me. Without any words being exchanged, Spencer and me decided then to tell my parents about us. Spencer held my hand by the side of him as he looked at me comfortingly. “Um.. Actually me and Spencer are dating.” I swallowed hard as my father just stared at Spencer.

“For how long?” my father asked me with a hardened gaze.

“Six months sir.” Spencer spoke up by the side of me, his voice not wavering once.

“Sam…” my mother started slightly harsh. She walked right up to me before smiling widely “why didn’t you tell us?”