Chapter Six.

I woke up feeling slightly optimistic of the day ahead of me. ten minutes after I had woken up and had a shower my phone began to ring. Number unknown.

“Hello?” I asked into the receiver.

“Betty, I’m on my way to you! Be there in half an hour!” Garcia’s happy voice chirped through the speaker on my phone.

“Ok, see you in a bit.” I smiled as I hung up the phone. Towel drying my hair, my natural curls appeared. Brushing through them with a comb to tidy them up, I quickly applied makeup before slipping on a pair of purple high waisted skinny jeans, a long green and purple ‘Riddler’ vest top, my purple and black knee high converse and finally my purple question mark clip in my hair.

Walking into the living room I quickly grabbed myself a bowl of corn flakes and a glass of orange juice before wolfing it down just in time to receive a text from Garcia saying she was down stairs waiting.

Suddenly excited I grabbed my phone, David Rossi’s book ’Evil Never Rests’ and a jacket before locking my door and sprinting down the stairs to Garcia. Waving frantically I climbed into the black SUV “Morning G!” I happily sang.

“Morning Betty! You remember Derek Morgan right?” she looked back at me from the passenger seat, it was then I noticed that someone else was driving. Looking over I saw the familiar handsome man smiling as he drove.

“Of course.” I smiled politely “Good morning Agent Morgan.”

“Please, call me Derek.” He smiled warmly “How’d you hold up last night?”

“I’m fine thank you, I actually slept better than I have in a while.” I whispered the last section more for myself than anyone else. “How was your evenings?”

“Mine was ok actually, Vegas is a wild place. It surprises me that Reid is from here.” I couldn’t help the giggle that left my mouth at the mention of Reid’s name.

Garcia smiled at me knowingly “What’s so funny about Reid?”

“No-Nothing. I was thinking of a bad pick up line I was told at the club the night before last.” I easily lied but I could tell that neither of them believed me.

“Right…” Garcia smiled, I glared at her, which just made her laugh.

“what did you get up to last night then Age- Derek?” I smiled sweetly putting Garcia’s smug grin to the back of my mind.

“Just hit a few bars to relax. The night life here is crazy!” his chocolate eyes were sparkling in the desert sun, Vegas has a way of making everything seem special, it’s good for making you forget.

“It is that. Unfortunately, I haven’t had much experience.” I still smiled but I could feel the sadness begin to build inside me.

“A pretty girl such as yourself, you must have been out loads!” Garcia turned to me with a shocked expression on her face.