Chapter Two.

My arm healed in two days, just as I said. And the time had come for my results, it was the day before the results are released. I was sitting down in the Sanitarium again, listening to Diana give a lecture. I really like this woman, I understand why her son found it so hard but with him travelling all the time, I understand that it would be nearly impossible to give her the care she needed.

“Sam!” Alice yelled.

Jumping out of fear, I looked at Alice who was grinning from ear to ear. “What? What’s wrong?”

“Nothing, I am just stealing you away for your last night out before you become a triple Doc.” She yanked me from the floor before turning to Diana “I’m sorry, but I really need Sam, she’ll see you tomorrow.”

“what the hell Al?! that wasn’t very nice!” I huffed as I crossed my arms in front of my chest.

“you know, your arm healed crazy quick! How’d you do it?” she looked at me, questioning eyes exploring my face.

“oh, you know me, I heal quick.” I nervously responded as she pulled me to her pink parked Mercedes Convertible.

“I am giving you a total makeover, we are going out on the town tonight so you can enjoy tonight. You are coming to mine!” Alice opened the passenger door before pushing me inside. She ran to the drivers’ door before climbing inside and starting the engine.

‘I used to bite my tongue and hold my breath, scared to rock the boat and make a mess, so I sit quietly, agree politely…” Me and Alice squealed at the same time before singing on the top of our lungs.

The air through our hair and the sun on our skin jut cheered me up, I wasn’t even down, I’m worrying slightly for tomorrow but I am not upset about it. but the feeling of the sun and air always, without fail puts a giant smile on my face.

 Not really knowing where we were going I just let Alice drive me wherever she wanted. We drove for what felt like three hours but it turns out I just didn’t want the journey to end.

We parked outside the familiar hotel before a young man took Alice’s keys. she winked at him “look after my baby.”

The poor boy simply nodded before climbing into her car with a blush and a smile on his face. shaking my head, I followed Al through the hotel to her Marylin suite.

I walked in to see countless rails of clothes, bags, shoes and makeup covering her living room “Al, what’s this?”

“this is my present to say well done. These are all clothes that daddy let me buy for you!”

“Huh-Wha-?” I shook my head in confusion.

“I took a photo of you into nearly every store in Sin City, I said that there was going to be a big bash tonight and that there will be lots of photo’s taken and they all give you dresses to wear for today and other events. You’d think it was me!” she giggled and I just shook my head.