Chapter Nineteen.

-Seven months later-

I walked up to the familiar white house and rang the small doorbell to the right. I shivered slightly from the cold December air as I heard light footsteps coming nearer. What a day to wear a dress and heels.

“What’s the password?” Henry’s happy voice teased from the inside.

“Henry is the greatest?” I asked through the door.

“Nope.” He giggled happily making me smile.

“Prince Henry is the most handsome prince ever?” I asked again trying to appeal to his slightly growing ego.

“No… I told you last week what the password is!” he whined slightly showing that he was getting a little annoyed.

“Do I really have to sing it in the cold?” I asked with my head leaning on the door and with my arms tightly wrapped around myself.

“Oh come on!! Pwease!?” he begged from the inside. Shaking my head a little at him I sang the song on the Little Mermaid when she loses her voice. I made sure to not mention the irony and ruin poor little Henry’s fun.

Once I had finished singing, the white door slowly swung open revealing a rather proud smiling Henry “I wanted to make sure it was you. Everyone else is here, hurry up!” he grabbed my hand and dragged me inside. I barely had time to close the door behind me before he was pulling me around the house into the dining room where everyone had gathered for Christmas dinner.

“Merry Christmas guys!” I smiled widely as everyone turned their attentions to me.

“Nice of you to finally arrive!” Derek joked as he walked over to me and hugged me.

“What took you so long?” Penelope asked behind me.

“My mam and dad feel the need to visit me. Trust me, I am not looking forward to it.” I rolled my eyes as Spencer walked up to me and hugged me. “Anyway… enough about me… I believe we are here for some delicious dinner cooked by the fantastic William.” I quickly changed the subject as William walked into the dining room with a plate full of food.

“Yes it is! And I personally think it is the nicest food that I have cooked in a while.”

“No way… your Nutella pancakes are to die for!” I walked to the dining table with Spencer by my side and sat down.

“Well, we’ll have to see.” William smiled at me as he helped JJ bring out the food. Henry sat to my left and Spencer sat on my right.

“Before we tuck in for out meal, who’s having what to drink?” JJ asked with her usual bright smile.

Everyone gave their orders and left me and Henry for last. “I’ll just have water please.”