Chapter Fifteen.

"So, have you told your mom and dad yet?" Penelope asked after finishing her water.

"No, actually. Thanks for reminding me." beaming I quickly puled my phone out and immediately sent a text to my parents 'I got it! I got the job!'

within five minutes I had an incoming call from my mother's phone. "Well done babes!" my mother's happy voice chirped.

"Thanks mam. I'm so happy." I gestured to the gang that I was going to take the call outside, they all nodded as I began to walk away.

"What are they like?"

"absolutely lush. Remember when I was doing my Forensic doctorate and I was talking to a woman who loved the fifties?"

"who you called Marilyn, yes? What about her?"

"Turns out she works here too. We are working together, it's amazing."

"Well done honey, are they all nice?"

"Yes mam, don't worry, I trust them all. One feels like a brother already." I giggled a little when I heard my mam laugh.

"Well, I'm glad you are happy. What about that other doctor we met in Vegas, what's going on with him?" I could tell by the tone of voice that my mother was using that she just wanted to pry.

"Spencer? He's alright yea, he was a little awkward at first but he's warming up to me now."

"I think he was already quite warm with you." I could just imagine my mother's smirking face.

"Mam, don't start."

"I'm not starting, I'm just saying."

"Still, just don't." I heard a glass break in the back ground "Are you ok?"

"Yea, I'm fine... I just dropped a glass is all." My mother's voice was quite shaky and that immediately put me on edge.

"Mam? What's wrong?" I could hear some conversation in the background but I couldn't make it out. "mam?"

"Are you ok?" I heard a voice behind me ask.

"I'm fine." I turned to Derek before turning back around and concentrating on the phone call. "Hello?"

"Hey, What's this I hear about a new job?" I heard an all too familiar voice speak.

I feel my whole body freeze and stiffen. "Ble fy mam?" I asked, purpousfully using Welsh so Derek wouldn't understand.

"She's fine, don't worry about her. You know I wouldn't hurt her. Back to the topic on hand, who's this Doctor friend of yours that you mam seems to think you are close with?" Jamie's voice has not changed one bit.