Chapter Three.

I woke up with my head pounding against my skull. Opening my highly sensitive eyes I looked around the white room. “What the hell happened?” I groggily asked myself.

“Hello?” an unfamiliar voice spoke.

“Yup, I’m over here.” I spoke roughly as I began to sit up.

“No, don’t move.” The same voice ordered.

Looking at the direction the voice was coming from I saw a man who was around fifty staring at me. “Huh? Why?” I asked, my face contorting in confusion.

“Just stay still until we say you can move. Please.” A younger man spoke from behind the older man. He was mega cute, with brown hair and hazel eyes he reminded me of someone facially. Looking at his attire I thought he was even cuter, he was tall and thin and was dressed in brown trousers, black converse, a light brown shirt and tie. He had a small brown bag with him which made me laugh. “wha-what’s funny?” cutie stuttered.

“like brown huh?” I smiled as I saw him look down and blush slightly. The older of the pair smiled slightly.

“I’m David Rossi. Nice to meet you.” He looked at me and seemed nice. With black hair and a small greying beard he looked good for his age. He looked a lot more formal than the younger one; dressed in a black blazer, matching trousers and polished shoes. He was wearing a burgundy shirt too.

“Nice to meet you too. What time is it?” I looked back to the unfamiliar ceiling. Something didn’t feel right.

“eleven thirty.” David said.

“Oh no! I need to go!” I sat up swiftly and instantly became light headed by the sudden movement.

“don’t move, you need to wait five minutes.” David said sternly but not meanly.

“please, tell me what is going on.” I rolled my eyes before looking at my hand in my lap. Noticing I was now in a white dress I began racking my brain for what happened last night “What the hell am I wearing?”

“you mean you weren’t in this dress earlier on?” the kid spoke up.

“nope.” I sighed as I rubbed my head.

“you can move now.” Rossi said as he walked over to me and helped me to my feet. Feeling crunching underneath I looked down see lots of rose petals covering the floor.

“What the hell?” looking at my reflection in the window “Why am I dressed as an angel? This is really unsettling.” Looking at the confused faces of the two men in front of me; anxiety began building. “What happened? Why are you here? And where is Alice?”

“if we showed you a picture of Alice, would you be able to identify her?” Rossi spoke. I simply nodded as he held out an iPad.

Looking at the photo in my hand Alice was lying, broken, on top of mirror pieces. I rose a hand to my face as I noticed the fractures. She looked clean but she looked like a porcelain doll. Her skin was shiny and perfect but her arm was clearly broken about hallway up her humorous and her opposite leg was clearly broken in multiple places one near the top of her tibia and another near the bottom of her fibula. I could feel a tear escape my eye as I held the iPad out for them to take back. “that’s Alice.”