41) a sort of map

Sirius was glad to be back with his Moony again and made sure to show his affection, because he still felt bad about what had happened. Remus had assured him that it hadn't been his fault, but James had told Sirius how he had broken Remus heart still. Sirius made himself swear that he would never break Rey's heart.

Emma had been expelled. She had made a dramatic display of leaving, giving dark looks to Sophie. Annabelle had completely ignored Sophie and tried setting up the other girls to do the same. Luckily, not everyone went with it and some even told Sophie she had done the right thing. Sophie decided she didn't really care whether people thought she had acted right, she knew she had been.

Sirius had acted as if Regulus wasn't there since they were back at school. It hurt Regulus, but he was hesitant to talk to his brother again. Also because he had told Mother and Father about Sirius being gay and in love with Remus. The evening he he told this during dinner, he had cried himself to sleep. He felt weak for doing it, but the tears kept on coming. Kreacher had brought him dessert to his room, but he had sent him away rather harshly. He felt bad for releasing his anger at Kreacher, the house elf who always did anything he asked of him, but he didn't know what else to do with the feelings.

One day, in the common room, Regulus was sipping tea quietly and working on a Charms assignment. He felt Snape watching him.

'You told your parents about your brother', Snape said. It wasn't a question.

Regulus didn't respond, but kept on writing.

'There goes your chance of being friends with him', he continued.

Regulus threw down his quill. 'Stop reading my mind! I thought you were going to teach me how to block other people?'

'It won't make a difference, because apparently you cannot control yourself and spill other people's secrets either way.'

Regulus opened his mouth but shut it again. Other people were always faster with smart remarks, Regulus was more of the angry outbursts but could never level Snape or Sirius' sarcastic comments.

'Yet I still want to learn how to do it.'

Snape raised his eyebrows. 'All right. Let's start now.'

Regulus' eyes sped around the room. There was no one there. 'Right', he said, unsure.

Snape stood up, raising his wand at him. Instinctively, Regulus took out his own quickly. But Snape shook his head. 'It's not a spell.'

So Regulus faced him and looked into those dark - almost black - eyes, who seemed to bore into Regulus. It felt as if Snape could open his brain and take out all the essential information he needed. Regulus stood there, helpless.

'Legilimens!' Snape said. Regulus hadn't prepared himself and felt all his memories floating over him. He saw himself and Sirius, running around the house, goofing around. He saw his Father beating Kreacher several times. He saw Sirius running away from Mother, with her shrieking and aiming the Cruciatus Curse at him continuously. He saw Sirius shut up in his room, talking to no one. He saw Sirius leave for Hogwarts, and his parents receiving a letter that he had been sorted into Gryffindor, and their fury towards their firstborn child. And finally, he saw himself with the Sorting Hat, contemplating with it.

Suddenly the world seemed realistic again, he could see sharp instead of the blurry vision, and it felt as if he was thrown back on his feet again. Snape stood there, still boring into his eyes.

'Did you see everything I saw?' Regulus asked quietly.

Snape nodded. 'Try to give all your memories and thoughts a place. Then lock them up into boxes and put the boxes away. If you do that properly, I won't be able to find the boxes and see your thoughts.'