14) hands above the blankets

They fell asleep on the couch, their bodies tangled. Both of them content with the way the evening had turned out, and sleeping deeply. They had been too tired to walk up the stairs and decided they didn't care if people saw them the next morning. They'd be up earlier than everyone anyway, probably.

James woke up the next morning and turned around in his bed, to have another five minutes of sleep. Even though he didn't have his glasses on, he could see there was no heap or figure on Remus bed. He sat up, confused, and even more confused when Sirius' bed was empty as well. He walked out of bed, put his glasses on, and walked towards the door downstairs. He realised he didn't look at Peter's bed, only as an afterthought, and he felt ashamed.

He went into the common room and to his astonishment, saw Sirius lying on top of Remus, both still asleep. 'NO WAY!' he screamed. The boys both woke with a start and looked at James.

'James-' Remus began. 'It's okay, I know, Remus.' James replied, a grin on his face. He crossed his arms and stood there, looking at the boys, almost proud.

'What do you mean, you know? How?'

'I kinda knew Sirius liked you. He told me, basically. And then I decided you'd be perfect for each other so I told Sirius to tell you. I'm proud he did.'

Sirius hadn't said anything yet. He had just looked at James, smiled at him, and wrapped himself even more tightly onto Remus.

'When did you tell him?' Remus asked Sirius.

'Not so long ago, actually. James sort of figured it out. Guess I was a bit obvious.'

'Well, you were pretty obvious as well yesterday night-'

'YOU were obvious as hell Remus Lupin, I had to restrain you from jumping at me.'

'Okay I don't want to know the details, guys', James said, frowning.

'Nothing happened, James. We just kissed and fell asleep on the couch.' Remus said. 'Sirius said he didn't want to traumatize you guys so we stayed here.'

'But can we traumatize you from now on? Since you know now?' Sirius asked, looking up at James with pleading eyes.

'Well, we have to make a couple of rules. I don't want to walk in on you guys.' He looked stern when he saw the look on Sirius' face, who was grinning mischievously. 'I know you'd probably think that would be hilarious, but it's not! I'm glad you guys were just asleep when I walked downstairs.'

'Come on, James, do you really think we'd be that stupid?' Sirius rolled his eyes. 'If I wanted some quality time with Moony I'd take him to that empty classroom on the second floor and-'

'I don't want to know the details remember!'

'All right', Sirius laughed.

'Come on, let's go upstairs and change', Remus said and pushed Sirius slightly away. He knew Sirius would be all dramatic about that so that's why he pushed him only slightly, yet Sirius pouted his lips and threw his hair behind his shoulder, saying 'What, you think I'm filthy, Moony? Do I need to shower? That's why you don't want to touch me anymore?'

Remus sighed and kissed him on his forehead. How he'd managed to fall in love with Sirius Black.. It was a mystery to him. 'Remember to not always act dramatic if you want me to put up with you, Sirius.'

'But I AM dramatic, surely you know that, you love that about me. I cannot change who I am!' Sirius exclaimed even more dramatically, throwing his hands in the air, as if he was playing in a theater.

Remus couldn't argue with that. He just looked at James and he was sure they both thought the same thing. James just shrugged and they went upstairs. Peter was still asleep. While Remus was showering, James winked at Sirius. 'I'm happy for you mate.'