2) the story

'So, when did it happen? How old were you? Do you mind talking to me about it?' Sirius said in one breath. They were both sitting on their beds, Sirius playing with his hair and Remus packing sweaters and food for his night in the Shrieking Shack. He hesitated, but then decided that Sirius had been very acceptable so it would be fine to tell him. Hopefully he would be just as understanding as before.

'I was almost five, and it was Fenrir Greyback who bit me. It was a revenge on my father because of a threat he had made against him. He described werewolves as 'soulless, evil and they deserve nothing but death'. I do not remember the night he bit me that well, just that I was in a lot of pain. I was lucky he bit me and left though, because most werewolves cannot restrain themselves from eating their victim when they start attacking them.'

Sirius thought about it for a moment. Greyback.. He had heard that name before. At home, maybe. He would think about it later. 'But where did you transform then? Not at home obviously?'

'Yes I did', Remus said. 'My parents had a cellar where they'd tie me up, so I couldn't escape or demolish the cellar. Of course I was still scratching and biting myself all night, because I couldn't do it to someone else.'

It felt as if a cold feeling swept through Sirius' body. What parents would tie up their only son, to have him hurt himself all night? He felt horrified. The image of Remus' body hanging in a cellar while going mad inside left him speechless.

'Sirius? Are you okay?' I might have said too much, Remus thought. He probably doesn't want to talk to me anymore after this.

'Yes, Rey, yes, but that's just horrible. How could they do that to you!' Sirius almost shouted it. He looked enraged.

'It's the only way it's safe, they couldn't just leave me there without protection! Don't you understand, I'm a danger to other people. What if I got loose, do you even imagine what that would mean? Me, transformed, being outside with other people? Innocent people would die. My parents had no other choice.' He said desperately, because he too, had been asking himself those questions and it hurt to think about it, but after all, he couldn't deny that it just wan't safe to have him not tied up.

'I understand, I am just shocked. I'm sorry.' Sirius said, with a softer voice now. He walked over to Remus and hugged him tightly. Remus was surprised, but glad, and put his arm around Sirius, which came around his neck. He lowered his head and put it against Sirius', and smelled the honey scent in Sirius' hair. He heard himself sighing out deeply and quickly broke the hug, somewhat confused.

'I really need to go. It won't be long before it's midnight.' He wasn't looking at Sirius. He wasn't sure about the feeling he got when he smelled Sirius' hair. It had felt like a shiver and it made him uneasy, but not in a bad way.

'Of course, I'll walk with you outside.' Sirius grabbed his leather jacket. 'Will you come to class tomorrow?'

'I don't think so. I'll probably will be in the hospital wing, considering I have conflicted damage to myself', Remus said matter-of-factly.

'I'll visit you as soon as I can, okay, Rey?'

'Don't bother'.

'I will. Don't tell me what to do, wolf.'

Remus' head snapped to his right where Sirius was walking, who was eyeing him with a mischievous grin on his face. He thought that the best way to handle this and convince Remus he was okay will all of it, was to make jokes.

'You're mental', Remus said shaking his head, but Sirius spotted the corners of his mouth twitching slightly.

'Ah, now, don't talk all big to me, just because you're turning into a badass in a few hours time doesn't mean I couldn't take you down.' Sirius said, grinning.