19) letters

Moony, I miss you already. I know summer's supposed to be the best time of the year when you're a child, but it's awfully boring here. My parents haven't said a word to me, which is better actually than them shouting at me. As I expected, they've brainwashed my brother. He took one look at my bedroom - which I now have decorated with Gryffindor banners - and looked very disapproved. So he ignores me too now. I really want to see you again, maybe I could come to your house? I know your parents don't know about me and I doubt they'll like me when they hear I'm a Black, but maybe they'll give me a chance. Write me back please and I love you. Sirius.

Sirius sighed and gave the envelop to his owl. This really was his worst summer yet. Having spent his school year with his friends and fellow Gryffindors only confirmed his deep down feeling that he did not belong in this family. It had hurt that no one at home had said a single word to him, but on the other hand.. That meant no shouting, no insults, no cruciatus..

A while later, his owl came back with a letter. He greedily took it, hoping it would be from Remus, but it was from James.

SIRIUS!!! I miss you mate. Maybe you and Pete can come earlier than planned to my house? I asked my parents and they said it would be all right. I already wrote to Remus about the date he is supposed to come. Hope you're not going mad in that house, you'll soon be out of it, stay strong. How is your potion going? Mine seems fine. It's a real tongue breaker though, saying 'amato animo animato animagus' every day. 

Sirius grinned. He'd had some trouble saying that incantation as well. They were supposed to say it every day and when the potion was the required colour - dark green - they needed to drink it, say the incantation once again and they will transform. Sirius couldn't wait.

Please write me back if you're able to come earlier. See you soon mate, James.

Sirius wrote him quickly that it would be fine. He doubted his parents would bring him, but he could go there by the Knight Bus if that was the case. He'd leave this house as quickly as possible.

That night, when Sirius was almost asleep, Remus' letter came. Sirius held the letter close to his face, and even though it didn't smell like Remus - it was just paper - it felt like he now had a part of Remus with him.

Sirius, James just told me we're invited earlier at the Potters. You'll be able to come as well, right? You could take the bus if your parents won't bring you. I would love to pick you up at your house, like a real boyfriend, but I don't want to receive a hex from your parents. If you want to you can come Sunday, my parents said they'd like to meet you. I told my mum about us, she was really happy for us. My dad doesn't know yet, I'm not sure how to tell him but I'll do it soon. I miss you a lot, don't do reckless things there, remember I love you, I'll see you soon. Rey.