35) I love you the most

Much to Sirius' delight, they went home by car. Sirius had never been in one before. He climbed around in his seat to look out of the windows and sat backwards to wave at the cars riding behind him.

Remus laughed. 'You promised you would behave, Sirius.'

'I'm sorry Rey, but this is my first time in a car! This is so cool!' he exclaimed.

Hope laughed at him. 'It gets boring quickly.'

'Muggles are great. They invent all those things to survive whereas we would be helpless without our magic', Sirius said sincerely.

Remus nodded. 'Good thing I'm a half-blood then, I get the best of both worlds.'

'Yeah, you do', Sirius said absently.

When they arrived home, they were all pretty hungry, so Hope and Lyall quickly made some dinner. Sirius and Remus put their trunks upstairs.

During dinner, they talked about Hogwarts, about the lessons they've had, their teachers, what they did during the weekends, Quidditch practices, all the things that had happened since they last saw each other.

'And how's your... furry little problem coming around, Rey?' Lyall asked. Sirius smiled at him, noticing the change from the word 'condition'.

Remus wasn't sure how to answer. It was much better with Sirius' help in his animagus form, but he couldn't tell his parents that. So he shrugged. 'Some moons were worse than others, it's the same as before'.

Sirius put his hand on Remus' shoulder. He knew Remus was talking very lightly about it, but he had been with Remus on those nights and seen him in a lot of pain, scratching and biting himself..

He saw Lyall looking at him uneasily, but he didn't care.

Later that night, they were both yawning and drinking their tea. Lyall and Hope were watching television, something that intrigued Sirius even more than cars. But Remus had pulled him away from it because he wanted to sit with him in the kitchen.

'I thought nothing moved in the muggle world! I mean, pictures don't move. But on this thing you can see moving things and people talking, it's great!' Sirius grinned.

'Yeah, is Your Highness of the royal Black family shocked muggles can do things as well?' Remus teased.

'Why, yes, I am', Sirius said.

Remus smiled. 'Are you having a good time?'

Sirius nodded. 'Your parents are really nice. I never really noticed how.. fucked up my family is. I mean, this is how a normal functioning family looks like. You're lucky you got them.'

'I know. I'm really glad you could come with me. You deserve a nice holiday too.'

Sirius smiled and took his hand. Remus' eyes flickered towards Lyall, but he was still watching television.

Sirius sighed and released his hand. 'Jeez, Rey, you act like I asked you to have sex on the kitchen table right now'.

'Could you lower your voice, please?' Remus asked anxiously. 'You can't talk about that stuff with my father around.'

'I know, I know', Sirius waved his hand at him.

'I think it's time for you to sleep, we'll get up early tomorrow', Hope called from the living room.

'What are we going to do tomorrow?' Sirius asked excitedly.

Hope smiled. 'You'll see, it's a surprise'.

'I can't wait!' Sirius grinned.

'I'll walk with you upstairs', Hope said.

'All right, good night, dad', Remus said.