GAME DAY

Today was the day, Naruto barley slept but he felt great, no actually he felt like the whole team was counting on him when really they should be counting on themselves. But he was still feeling great.

Gaara, Kiba, and Sasuke. Sasuke, Naruto wasn't sure what happened yesterday it was weird, crazy and really he didn't need to think about him right now.

Naruto got out of bed and took his phone off the charger, he had three texts from Sasuke.

The time was 6:20, no one gets up till 7:00 they don't have to be to school till 8:00 but classes didn't start till 8:15 so you could show up anytime before then.

Naruto looked at the time on the texts, they were all from last night and one from this morning at 6:00. Naruto smiled before typing 'Good Morning' and hitting send.

Naruto showered and got ready, he made sure he had all his baseball things than checked again, and then checked one more time. Everything was there, still he would check again before leaving.

Naruto walked down the stairs and outside on to the back porch, he walked down the stairs and into the fence through the door.

Naruto walked around, the grass was damp and Naruto had no shoes on, he looked at the tree Mito liked to sit under on hot days like today, he walked over to the tree and found Mito's favorite toy, it was a purple ball.

Chew marks were all over it Naruto bought her a new one but she would never play with it. Naruto picked up the ball and walked out of the fence, he walked over the bridge above the creek and walked over to the field.

Mito was buried over here Naruto thought it was right after all she liked walking around the field. A cross and a sign with Mito's name was in the ground where she was buried. Naruto walked over to it, Mito's red collar was sitting on the top if the cross. He bent down and put the purple down next to the cross. Naruto's heart ached, he wanted to pet his dog, he wanted to watch her play with this purple ball.

Naruto took a deep breath before walking away, tears were brimming his eyes he felt like walking away from Mito's grave was equivalent to saying good bye forever. It was hard and Naruto couldn't help but feel like the worst person in the world. He wiped his eyes and walked inside to get dressed for school.

After Naruto got dressed he checked his gym bag one last time before going down stairs, his mom was the only one down.

"Are you excited for your first game? I can't wait to go see you play baseball" Kushina had a coffee mug in her hand while she talked to Naruto.

Naruto gave a shaky smile before telling his mother he was nervous. "That's normal, I'm sure when you start playing you will just let loose and focus on the game" Kushina ruffled Narutos hair.
Naruto swatted his moms hand away and tried to fix the blond hair.

Naruto sat down at the table. Everyone came down at the same time, Minato poured himself some coffee while everyone else took there seats.
"Excited for the game Naruto?" Gaara questioned. Naruto lifted his head up with a determined smile,

"Yep" Naruto nodded his head and laughed a little. He was not excited at all.

"We're all going to your game" Ino commented not looking up from her phone.

"Even Deidara?" Gaara asked. Deidara grumbled words under his breath before nodding his head.

Naruto lifted his head up and smiled at Deidara, he was glad Deidara was going. Deidara gave a small smile back he stood up getting out of his seat.

Everyone followed behind Deidara and got in the car. Ino and Naruto sat in the back, Naruto pulled out his phone he had two texts from Sasuke, Naruto began texting him, laughing a little when ever Sasuke would joke around.