Water

The next day Naruto woke up at 8:00 am it was Saturday and he wanted to know why his body thought it was a good idea to wake up so early.
As hard as he tried he just couldn't fall back asleep. Tired of just laying in bed Naruto finally decided to just get up.

Groggily walking to the bathroom he turned the shower on and slowly took his clothes off before jumping in, the warm water hitting his face.

10 minuets later Naruto shut the water off and stepped out of the shower grabbing a towel and wrapping it around his waist, reaching over to grab his toothbrush and toothpaste he quickly put toothpaste on his toothbrush and began brushing his teeth.

After getting dressed and lazily throwing a tan pair of shorts and orange t-shirt he quietly walked down stairs no one in the house was awake the sound of creaking stairs was the only thing that could be heard.

Naruto didn't eat breakfast he knew his mother would be making something for them when everyone wakes up even if that time was 1:00 pm.

Bored with nothing to do he decided to walk outside on to the back porch the sun was beating against the red painted porch making Naruto quickly run down the stairs and onto the damp grass cooling his feet.

Staring around the yard a peaceful atmosphere surrounded him. He looked over to the creek and noticed that the dam he built awhile ago was wrecked from the rain last night.

He sighed with relief something to do, Naruto quickly walked over to creek and sat on the arch bridge that connected his lawn to the grassy field next door.

Naruto loves to walk the creek when the water was low kind of like now, all the rain water from last night has made its way to the lake or pond or wherever it drains.

He slowly jumped off the bridge and walked over to his old broken dam. Large and small rocks we're scattered along the sides of the creek. Naruto began to pick up the large rocks first stacking them on top of each other until he ran out of large rocks he stared a head at the creek, the trees hung low the farther it went back Naruto used to spend so much time back there.

Naruto started his way down the creek looking for some more large rocks. An hour passed and Naruto lost in his own world didn't notice the black haired boy walking down to the creek.

Sasuke Uchiha isn't loud he isn't quiet he minds his own and while doing that follows the rules. Sasuke is popular he loves being popular he loves the world watching him, people fawning over him. He enjoys when people stop to stare at how handsome he is. But something about Naruto always bothered him, he would never look at Sasuke.

Sasuke and Naruto weren't best friends since young, Gaara and Sasuke were. Naruto didn't exactly play with kids his age, he enjoyed sitting with the grown ups. He liked helping his dad plant trees or even go hunting, he liked hanging out with his parents.

He was kind of a weird kid.

Naruto loved to bake with his mom, loved to watch soap operas he didn't understand just because he enjoyed her company. Naruto was always so close with his mother and father when he was young.

Naruto and Deidara we're always close to each other but it was different. With Sasuke and Gaara they are more like brothers than Gaara and Naruto are. Naruto didn't like that, he wanted Gaara his twin brother to hang out with him. But Gaara wanted to hangout with Sasuke they were so alike.

When Naruto started freshman year he knew he had gotten himself into something he wanted no part of. It was a feeling that just washed over him and he couldn't shake it.

A constant wondering of what Sasuke was doing, when he was coming over to hangout with Gaara again, it was a constant wonder what was his favorite food? favorite color? what kind of music did he like? Does he wear contacts? There were so many things Naruto wanted to know he wanted to know what made Sasuke smile, how could he get him to smile?

Naruto finally came to the conclusion that he was in love with Sasuke at the end of 10th grade. Although only ever having a few conversations Naruto knew Sasuke was special, He believed he was.

But just as soon as Naruto discovered this new emotion he wanted to shut it down. He wanted no part of liking Sasuke, he wanted no part of liking another boy, what would his parents think.

He wanted no part of having a emotion that takes over his entire life. Love a despicable emotion and Naruto didn't want it right now especially not with Sasuke.

Sasuke was not nice, he was rude, he has no sense of humor and has a vindictive side. There is just too much about Sasuke that nobody knows and as bad as he wants to know, Naruto will not be the one to discover it. He can't be.

Sasuke walked down the stairs of the porch and watched Naruto so focused on stacking rocks up on eachother. A small smile spread across Sasuke's face he liked watching Naruto.

He liked talking to Naruto, he liked listening to his laugh. Sasuke wanted to hangout with Naruto more, as annoying as he can be there is a light that follows him. Every time Sasuke is with him he feels like Naruto is the only light he will ever need. The hard part was getting Naruto to talk to him or even look at him.

As Naruto continued to build his dam placing rock after rock, adding small rocks every now and then to keep it stable. Sasuke was sitting on the bridge feet dangling off wondering when Naruto was going to turn around.

Naruto kept stacking rocks taking from a small pile he made, until he was all out of rocks. He hadn't realized how long he was out there and now he would have to go back down the creek to collect more rocks.

Naruto decided to take a break before going to look for more rocks they were heavy to carry and it takes a while. Naruto quickly turned around but didn't look up instead he noticed a small fish in the creek. Leaning down and cupping his hands Naruto picked up the fish in his hands and started to walk back towards the bridge finally looking up.

"Ahhh" Naruto yelled slipping on some moss on one of the rocks under the water, he fell back dropping the fish in the water and landing on his butt. Red faced and embarrassed Naruto slowly looked up expecting to see a laughing Sasuke instead, he was greeted with a hand in his face. Naruto quickly took Sasukes hand and was helped up from the ground.

"Thanks" Naruto said quietly walking past Sasuke and jumping onto the bridge. Sasuke shortly joining him.

"Yeah, no problem" Sasuke replied with a smirk.

"How long have you been out here?" Naruto asked scared Sasuke was watching him for so long.

"Not that long" Sasuke said leaning back his right hand touching Narutos in the process. Much to Naruto's dismay his face began to redden.

"I'm all wet, I literally just took a shower now I have to take another one." Naruto whined looking down at the water running down stream.

"Its probably for the best you smell like fish water" Sasuke calmly looked over at Naruto whose face was red. With anger or embarrassment? Sasuke wouldn't know he's not very good at reading people, he doesn't usually care.

"Shut up! I do not smell like fish water, I smell good like soap" Naruto looked at Sasuke with triumph.

Sasuke scoffed "Sure maybe before you fell in the fish water, because I'm sitting right next to you and I don't smell soap."

Sasuke looked over at Narutos dam, it looked good so far. Meanwhile while Naruto was fuming.
"Why are you even out here Sasuke?" Naruto rudely asked.

"Everyone was sleeping, I walked into your room but you weren't there" Sasuke slowly got up from sitting and waited for Naruto to do the same.

Naruto stared at Sasuke waiting for him to walk away, when he didn't Naruto finally understood and quickly got to his feet.

"tch, race you to the porch" Naruto yelled running past Sasuke. Sasuke doesn't lose, so not backing down from a race he quickly caught up to Naruto and passed him right before he could reach the porch.

"Why are you so fast, I was winning" Naruto yelled marching up the stairs besides Sasuke. Sasuke just shook his head with a small smile.

"Don't know you're just slow" Sasuke answered with no sarcasm.

"Yeah whatever" Naruto opened the door and looked up to see Gaara, Neji, Lee and Kiba sitting at the kitchen island talking as his mother made pancakes.