Baseball Practice

Today was Thursday, one more day till the weekend but the weekend was the furthest thing from his mind. Naruto was quickly getting dressed and running down stairs to leave with everyone because he got up late.

Usually he would think about the clothes he wears and always bring a sweatshirt no matter what but today he forgot it.

He picked up his school bag and gym bag and ran down stairs out the door without saying by to his parents. Naruto and Gaara were sitting in the back.

Gaara was telling Naruto everything he can about the team and there plays, everything was in a very specific way. After hearing all of this it wasn't a surprise that they have only lost one game, and that was against Suna.

Gaara was explaining all of Suna's best players and how they are a strong team but they have a few weak spots like teamwork. Teamwork is crucial in a sport, if you don't have team work you don't have anything.

Deidara parked the car and everyone got out, Naruto was running his hands threw his hair causing it to stick up more than usual, this was a common thing for Naruto to do when he got nervous or didn't understand something.

Gaara kept reassuring him that everything would be fine, he's a good player but Naruto still wasn't sure. Gaara and Naruto walked into the school together side by side until Kiba and Sasuke came up.

Kiba running at them and Sasuke walking his normal 'cool guy' walk. As Kiba got closer Naruto saw he wasn't slowing down, he was running top speed at Naruto. Naruto didn't know what to do!

Kiba jumped onto Naruto who kept his balance as hard as that was with a 100 something pound guy on you. "I heard you're on the team! Yes! We are so gonna beat Suna tomorrow" Kiba pumped his fist in the air as he got off of Naruto.

'Beat Suna tomorrow?' Naruto thought looking  at Kiba for a second before realizing what was going on, "There is a game tomorrow!?" Naruto asked looking for anyone he knew, mainly Shikamaru.

Kiba looked at Gaara "You didn't tell him we have a game tomorrow against the hardest team?" Kiba huffed.

"Did you tell him if we don't win we don't go to the finals?" Sasuke asked knowing damn well he didn't. Gaara just shook his head no and watched as Naruto frantically kept looking for someone. Probably Shikamaru.

Kiba noticed Naruto becoming extremely anxious and was looking around for something.

"What are you looking for Naruto?" Naruto turned to Kiba.

"Shikamaru" Naruto bluntly answered and went back to looking for the spiky ponytail. Sasuke glanced at Naruto.

"Why are you looking for Shikamaru? You two like a thing?" Kiba asked and was a little surprised with how forward he was being usually he would never ask someone something like that.

Naruto's face turned a deep deep dark red, Naruto quickly shook his head back and forth. "NO! No, we're not together" Naruto was shaking his hands back and forth.

He didn't want anyone to think they were together. Naruto was to busy shaking his head to notice Shikamaru appear behind him.

"Naruto" Shikamaru called from beside him, Naruto qucickly turned around and hugged him, thank god. Naruto quickly started mumbling incoherent words and got off Shikamaru.

"What's wrong" Shikamaru looked worriedly at Gaara for an explanation but when Gaara was about to answer Naruto started talking, very fast.

"I joined the baseball team and I don't know why I did that, I mean I do I wanted to do this for me, because I made a whole promise to myself about trying new things and getting better at talking to people. And I was kind of fine last night and this morning until Gaara kept talking about teamwork and how it was super important and what if I mess everything up? I mean I'll get kicked off the team right? and Kiba told me we have a game tomorrow against the hardest team and there is a lot at stake and I only get one practice with the team, one! What if I'm super bad? What if I do something and get the game cancelled? What if I-" Shikamaru covered Narutos mouth with his hand and looked him in the eyes before Naruto nodded, Shikamaru took his hand of Naruto's mouth and looked at him.