Breakfast

Breakfast at the Namikaze house is always a treat. No matter what, it seems everyone always wakes up in good mood. Naruto is usually the first to start the laughing, jokes, funny memories but today was different.

Today Naruto couldn't seem to bring himself to make jokes, maybe because everybody was here and he doesn't like so many people watching him. Or maybe it was because of Sasuke and the small conversation they just had that made Naruto's heart beat so fast.

Naruto tried to distance himself from everything Sasuke, he thought he was getting better. He clearly wasn't. He wants nothing more than to start the conversation that will break the awful silence but he won't. He is busy thinking about someone.

He can't love Sasuke. Right? Wrong.

Naruto was beginning to think it was pointless saying it in his head. It would never change.

Minato, Ino, and the rest of the baseball team came down to sit at the table, a small table was set up in the dining room so everybody could eat in the same room.

The Namikaze family all sat in the usual spots at the table, Sasuke and Kiba taking the last spots at the table. Sasuke sat in the middle of Ino and Gaara which made  Ino extremely happy. Kiba sat in the middle of Naruto and Kushina. Kiba was a little uncomfortable but not all that much Kiba and Naruto aren't best pals but they've known each other for a bit.

Minato noticed the lack of voice from Naruto it made him worried maybe he should try and brighten the little ball of sunshine. Even Minato can tell Naruto hasn't been the same these path few months.

Minato and Kushina don't really connect with Naruto like they has in the past. Kushina can have girl days with Ino, Minato can go to Gaaras baseball games, they both applaud and look at Deidara's art work. But with Naruto they don't really do anything.

Naruto doesn't act out, he follows the rules. He stays in his own bubble and doesn't bother with anyone. The way Naruto sees it is if they don't try to make an effort why should he?

He is the family's go to after everyone else, he doesn't like it that way. It shouldn't be that way, but it is that way and Naruto isn't going to change it. He's not going to stop putting up his happy smile, he isn't going to say it bothers him when it does because, that's who he is.

He is someone who will hold in all his emotions until one day. He will snap.

Minato and Kushina both shared a look of concern, no one else really notices this quiet side from Naruto because they don't care. They're in their own bubble and happy.

After deafening silence Minato finally decided to break it by asking the ball of sunshine a question hoping to get him in the talking mood.

Starting a conversation has never been harder for Minato, after thinking of something to say he came to the conclusion that he in fact has no idea what to say. He doesn't know what Naruto likes to do, doesn't know who any of his friends are.

Naruto is his child but he doesn't even attempt to talk to him, ever.

With all his other kids he at least knows their friends and hobbies. Nartuto spends most of his days either in his room or outside playing with his dog. Minato could ask about Mito but he sees her all the time, he knows how the dog is doing.

The time is 1:30 pm, a Saturday afternoon Naruto is a teenager so Minato can take a gamble and assume Naruto got up at a reasonable time and ask him how his day has been. Hopefully Naruto did wake up and do something.

Minato looked up at the table looking at everyone's faces, Gaara and Sasuke were having a conversation and it appears Ino went up to her room with Sakura after finishing her plate. Taking a deep breathe before preparing this very simple question Minato finally looked at Naruto "So Naruto, how has your day been today?"

Naruto not expecting to be asked any questions at all today was quite shocked to hear his father ask him a question. As sad as it sounds he can't remember the last time he had a conversation with his father.

Naruto shifted in his seat before making complete eye contact with his father, a small smile spread across his face "My day has been good so far, I haven't done a whole lot today."

Naruto put his finger to his chin thinking about his day so far before quickly snapping his fingers "Oh I've been re-building a dam down in the creek."

Naruto continued looking at his father finally seeing what everyone else sees when they look at the two, same blonde spiky hair, same blue eye color, a lot about him and his father was the same.

"Really? the rain must have really come down if it broke the dam" Minato sat there for a moment thinking about things that needed to get done around the yard and house. Deidara is busy with his portfolio and Gaara and Ino having friends over Naruto could really help him today.

"Naruto, what do you say we run to the store today and you can help me fix that old shed in the back yard? If we have time I'll help you fix the dam." Minato smiled at Naruto.

He chuckled a little when he saw Narutos eyes twinkle with excitement, it reminded Minato of when Naruto was a little kid. When he was excited about everything even holding his dads hand down the drive way to check the mail. Naruto had a small bubble of excitement stored for any task.

After everyone cleaned off the plates and put them in the sink Naruto went upstairs to shower and change into new clothes. He didn't smell the fish stench Sasuke was talking about he still took a shower anyway.

After he was done and put new clothes on Naruto walked down stairs ready to leave and go to the store with his father. Naruto was excited, a whole day with just his father was the perfect opportunity to get closer with his father and spend all day away from Sasuke.

The perfect day.

Naruto walked to the kitchen and was met with his mother doing the dishes from this mornings breakfast or lunch. Naruto wasn't awkward around his parents at least he tried not to be his parents were actually really helpful and understanding the problem was they just don't have time for all their kids.

Naruto knows this, he might be the only one to know this because whenever his siblings need them they come running not that they wouldn't for Naruto. It's just, he doesn't need them to come running every time. "Mom" Kushina quickly looked up and over her shoulder

"Yes, what is it?" the softness of his mothers voice was always so calming.

"Do you need anything from the store when me and Dad go?" Naruto figured he would ask considering she has a lot to do today.

"No I don't think I need anything" Kushina put her finger on her chin the same way Naruto does when he thinks.

"Nope I don't need anything! thanks for asking though" Kushina went back to doing her dished before Naruto even got a chance to say another word.

Shortly after the small back and forth Minato stuck his head in the kitchen door "Ready to go Naruto?" Naruto quickly nodded following behind his dad before he forgot something.

"Oh Mom" Naruto muttered waiting for her to turn around instead a quiet "hmm" was heard from his mother.

"If you let Mito out today make sure you go out with her to shut the fence door, I forgot to last night because of the rain. I just don't want her to get loose" Naruto quickly told his mom anxiously waiting for an okay from his mom before leaving.

"Mom?" Naruto asked again "Yes?" Kushina looked up from her dish

"Did you hear me?" Naruto was slowly walking out of the kitchen when he finally heard a small "mhmm" before running out the door to meet his dad in the truck.