Chapter - 26

Mulai dari awal

"I want us to talk about anything and everything, without hesitation and without worrying how the other one will react."

That message is directed to my earlier thought about Will, I can bet on it. I nod, but end up staying quiet about my earlier thoughts. After a moment of silence he sighs in defeat, clearly giving up on pushing the subject even further. I don't like making him mad, but I also don't like worrying him.

"So what about Danna," he brings up our past conversation without difficulty and I think about all the messed up things she's done since we stopped being friends. She's slept with Daniel, turned the cheerleading team against me and now she quits the team like it's no big deal.

On Monday morning practice she didn't show up, again. This of course pissed of the coach. How can we have practice without our captain. It had been already a week since she missed practice and coach wasn't going to let another day go without us having a proper routine for the next game. Coach called for a mandatory meeting after school for Danna to explain her absence to the squad. She owned us an explanation, along with an apology.

She showed up that day after school twenty minutes late, of course, only to say that she quit. She then proceeded to walk away with a bag of hot chips in her hand. She didn't give any explanation nor did she apologized. She left the whole team with mouths open, including the couches. I'm not one to judge right because I did the exact same thing. It just seemed like she didn't even cared about the team like she had before. I wonder what made her change her mind.

"Isn't that a good thing," he asks. His thumb runs circles on my palm for comfort. It helps, I really does. "That means there's a higher chance of you being captain again." He squeezes my hand and beams at me in excitement. I am so amazed at how happy he is for me. He's just so perfect. I wish I felt that way.

"I mean It doesn't really matter. We graduate in two and a half month which means the season will be over. Especially since the football team keeps on losing. They're just not the same without you." I say, trying to boost up his confidence, which totally fails because his face drops at the mention of football. Seriously what is wrong with you Maryann, get your shit together. I sink in my seat in defeat. I am a complete moron.

Daniel pulls over to a gasoline station that's completely empty, which gives me an Idea. As he stops at the pump I make sure to unbuckle my seat belt before he can. I roll over the space between our seats and land on top of him. My knees rest on either side of his legs and i take him by surprise.

"What are you doing," he says, cupping my cheeks with his large hands.

"This," I say and then I kissing his lips. Our mouths move against each other perfectly. My lips capture his and his lips capture mine. He places his hands on my back and pulls me close, intensifying the kiss. Kissing him is like having a peek at heaven. I absolutely adore his full lips on mine. He makes me feel wanted and alive.

I pull away from the kiss, clearly needing some air. "What was that for," he breaths against my lips.

"I kept on opening my big mouth to remind you of things that you didn't want to be reminded of. I guess I wanted to make up for having a big mouth."

And then he cups my cheeks with his hands again. His ocean blue eyes look at my dark brown eyes intensely. "Don't you ever do that again," he says. I look at him confused.

"Do what, kiss you?" I ask as a joke. Clearly that's not what he meant. Is it?

"No not that," He laughs. "I never want you to stop doing that." He smiles at me and I smile back. And then his face turns serious again.

"I don't want you to feel like you need to do something for me because you said the wrong thing. We're all humans and we all make mistake, but I don't want you to feel like you need to compensate me for saying something you thought you weren't suppose to say to fix my ego."