Naruto and Gaara walked in together side by side, having what appeared to be, a conversation.

"Kankuro broke his arm yesterday, we're going to need another player apparently the coach already has someone in mind." Gaara said to Naruto.

Naruto just nodded and listened he wasn't really sure why Gaara was talking to him but he was, and honestly kind of liking it. His brother.

"How did he break his arm?" Naruto asked the simplest question just to keep the conversation alive.

"He fell off his friends dirt bike, I don't know why he was on one he can't ride it in the first place he doesn't know how" Gaara was annoying himself just by repeating Kankuro's stupidity.

Naruto once again nodded and gave a small 'oh' they were almost to Naruto's locker when he asked another question.

"Who do you think his replacement is going to be?" Naruto wondered about all the players in the school and honestly none of them are that good, although he is sure there are some people he doesn't know about.

"I don't know probably some upper class man" Gaara leaned against Narutos locker the same was Shikamaru does. "Oh I'm sitting with you at lunch today" Gaara said looking at his phone. Naruto closed his locker and looked at Gaara with confusion.
'What's he trying to do' Naruto wondered. "Why? I mean not that I care but, why?" Naruto blurted out trying not to sound like an asshole. Gaara looked at Naruto before sighing

"We're brothers, and I don't like to see you..." Gaara paused for a moment, he didn't like to sound sappy but the truth was, he is sorry and he is worried about Naruto.

He wants him in his vision most of the time after that night. He wants to protect him, he doesn't know what happens at school.

"Hurt" Gaara finished and looked away from Naruto, scared he was going to laugh at him.

Naruto just stood there, red faced and frozen he couldn't remember the last time Gaara was ever like this. Naruto stood there for a moment in silence before grabbing on to Gaara and hugging him.

Naruto chuckled a little when he saw Gaaras face turn red. "Thanks Gaara, but I'm fine, I mean I'll be fine" Naruto reasurred Gaara. Gaara just simply nodded and walked with Naruto to his class, the two of them talking about TV shows they didn't know the other watched. They don't know a thing about each other.

The two didn't notice Shikamaru and Sasuke following behind them as the walked to class, they were busy talking and getting to know each other just a little better.

The day went by rather slow, Naruto accomplished two of his goals before lunch time. The first one even the teacher was shocked to see Naruto's hand up, but he called on him. Naruto answered the question flawlessly and quickly before calming his red face and sweaty self down.

Naruto was very happy with himself he answered a question and volunteered to go third while everyone was reading aloud. Holy shit he felt, amazing.

He was thrilled to see how well he was doing and was almost ready to do it again tomorrow, almost. Not quite, he needs time to think everything through before throwing himself out there like that again.

Lunch time rolled around and like last time Naruto sat with his friends and Gaaras, everyone would constantly sneak peaks at them because apparently they do everything the same.

Naruto and Shikamaru were talking about the camping trip they were going on next week, Naruto was going to show Shikamaru how to ride a four wheeler before they leave Saturday morning. Friday after school Shikamaru was going to learn to ride a quad and everything else, he didn't care all that much.

Lunch was over too quickly Naruto thought. He was just enjoying his time with his friends, brother and also making new friends like Kiba and Shino.

Naruto, Gaara, Sasuke and Kiba all walked to gym class. Today they would be playing kickball inside because it was raining out. The gym teachers split everyone up into two teams.

Naruto and Kiba against Sasuke and Gaara. The first team up to kick was Gaaras team, Gaara kicked first the ball reaching the end of the gym and making it to third base, Sasuke was next kicking the ball in the air and landing close enough for Naruto to catch it, one out.

The game continued, the scores always evening out but then changing when Naruto was up to kick, Naruto could kick it all the way to the end of the gym. Either getting a home run or running all the bases avoiding the ball every time it was in his direction.

Every time Naruto kicked he would make it home along with at least two other people. He loved gym class.

The game ended with Naruto's team taking the win, Naruto and Kiba were laughing and high-fiving each other all the way to the locker room.

Everyone got changed and left the room, Naruto was making his was to the gym doors to leave and go to his last period but was stopped by his coach.

"Naruto!" Guy the gym teacher called. Naruto stopped frozen he turned around, trying to ignore the sweat forming under his arms.
"I want to ask you something" Guy cheered, as he put his hand on Naruto's shoulders.

"Yeah?" Naruto was a little worried, he didn't know what he could ask him and he really didn't want his second favorite teacher to hate him.

"I was wondering if you would join the baseball team" Naruto stood there for a minute processing and then thinking of a polite way to decline.

However he couldn't decline, he made a promise to himself and in all honesty he wanted to do this. He wanted to be part of something, a team. Naruto nodded his head and politely agreed to be part of the team.

"Great! I'll see you at practice tomorrow after school, you'll need a glove, cleats and a metal bat along with whatever else of you desire" Guy smiled and gave Naruto a thumbs up.

Naruto walked out the door and to his last class of the day. He was preparing his last ounces of energy for the talk with his new therapist. This was the longest day of Naruto's life.

But all around one of the most progressing and exciting days as well.