Book 2 • Chapter 14

"Sometimes starting over ain't a bad thing."

-Me

¤Blaze POV¤

After we left the mall Ella told me she'd bring KayKay over once she drop Cayden off. I still can't believe Dominique pregnant. I can't wait to see her when she come back.

We pulled up to the house and got out grabbing our bags.

"Yo go get the mail there go the mail lady." I said to Rj. He nodded and went to go get the mail. I unlocked the door. I'm not gone lie I'm nervous as hell.

I had put my stuff up so I changed my clothes. I walked downstairs and didn't see Rj.

"Where the hell Rj at?"

"Outside." they said. Fuck he still doing outside? I walked to the door and opened it. I didn't see him but I still seen the mail truck parked out front. That bitch was rocking.

"Rj bring yo ass on. Tryna get your dick wet and shit!" I yelled.

"Hold on damn." he shouted back. I closed the door. The mail lady a hoe.

"You found him?"

"Yeah he outside fucking the mail lady." I said walking in the kitchen.

"That lady old enough to be our mama." Alexis said. I shrugged grabbing a Gatorade.

Twenty minutes later he was walking inside with a smile on his face with Ella behind him.

I snatched my mail from his nasty ass.

"Nigga you was just out there playing in some pussy and carrying my mail." I said. He laughed.

I gave everybody their results but I gave Ella mine. I couldn't open it. I picked up my baby. I missed her little butt.

"Daddy missed his princess. Yes he did. Yes he did." she smiled a toothless smile at me.

"You clean boy." Ella said. Thank God. I put KayKay down to crip walk. She looked at me laughing.

"Nigga sit down. But you better keep getting tested tho. I know I do." Ella said. I nodded sitting down.

The room was awkwardly quiet nobody said nothing. Only noise you heard was KayKay blabbering.

"Man y'all some punk asses. Just apolgize already." Rj said. I looked over at Ella who looked at us. She don't really care if you apologize or not. She simply just move on.

"I guess I'll go first." Alexis said. A small smile spread on Ella face. Which mean this should be good or she debating whether to laugh in your face or not.

"I just want to apologize for the way that I acted toward you. I was jealous. You had it all. You didn't have to worry about what people thought of you or what people said. You helped me realize my worth as a woman. I just hope you could forgive me." Alexis said. This should be good.

¤Daniella POV¤

After Alexis said what she said. I listened but that shit went in one ear and out the other. But I will be civilized when it comes to her being KayKay aunt. I just looked at her. Then Hakeem went.

Honestly they don't have to apologize because frankly what's done is done and I moved on from the past. I'm looking forward to my future.

I really did try to listen to them I tuned them out but made it seem like I was listening. I'm tired of I'm sorry or people apologizing. You only doing it because you feel bad and want to clear your conscience. Once they were done I turned to Blaze.

"You can get Kay whenever you want her. Just let me know ahead of time before you decide to pop up at my house." he nodded.

"So what you saying is we co-parenting?" he asked. I nodded.

"No we not. You my girl."

"Blaze." I sighed. I knew this would happen.

"No! I'm not about to sit here and let another nigga come in the picture. I know what I want." he said.

"And what is it that you want Brandon?"

"I don't want that, that's for sure. I want you. I want KayKay. I want an us again. I want us to be a family." he proclaimed. Nigga talking like he wrote a ten page speech.

"Prove it."