Renegade: Chapter Twenty-Five

Start from the beginning

"What are we going to use on our way to the Mansion?" Alex asked softly. "Only three tanks remain in good condition. We all can't fit in these machines."

"Well, we can use our feet and walk towards the woods," Christopher answered as he looked at me.

"What about them?" I asked as I looked at the Rosario soldiers.

"We are going to encourage them to join us in the Mansion and be a member of the Democrats," Commander Hilda answered. "Of course we are not going to force them. Whoever in their clan is willing accept the Democrat's ways will be accepted."

"That's great," Brandon nodded.

"Now let's do that Democrat enlightenment and leave this castle," Patricia looked at us.

"Let's just make things fast," I spoke. "I still need to see the condition of someone special."

~~~o0o~~~

"Oh thank God you woke up!" I sighed happily as I combed Kate's blonde hair with my hand.

"W-What happened?" She asked softly as she slowly looked around the light blue room and got rid of the oxygen mask on her face.

With a smile on my face, I replied with the words, "According to Hazel, they had followed the two of us towards the Concepcion Base. Then, at the moment they arrived in there, they were shocked to see us both lie unconsciously on the cemented ground. With caution, they instantly carried the two of us towards the chopper and together, we flew back towards the Mansion. Upon landing, they rapidly brought the two of us here in the Repose Hallway to treat our wounds."

"They surely cared for us, didn't they?" She asked.

"They sure did," I spoke. "I never expected it but they sure did."

"Anyway who was the culprit of that catastrophe?" She asked curiously as she slowly sat down.

With a slow shook my head, I answered, "It's not important anymore. The crystallized heart is finally gone forever."

"What? Are you telling the truth? Is the crystallized heart gone for good?" She asked with her eyes widened.

"Yes, Kate," I nodded. "Hazel, Scott and I successfully destroyed it... We accomplished what Eliza, Fidel and Eduardo had been dreaming in the past... We did it!"

Surprisingly, she reached her both arms on her sides and rapidly gave me a tight warm hug.

"I'm proud of you," She whispered.

"Thank you," I spoke.

"Too bad I was not there to see you all in action... But it doesn't matter anymore... What matters now is that we are finally victorious," She said.

"The thing that we are going to see in the following days is the peace between the three clans," I said as we both let go of the hug.

"Indeed... That is going to be exciting," She nodded.

Suddenly, tears started to come out of our eyes as she continued with the words, "It is sad to see that Alexander did not have the chance to see this glorious triumph of the Democrats."

"Kate, it's okay," I consoled as I slowly wiped her tears. "I can sense that he is happy right now while he silently watches us from the heavens."

Kate replied me with nothing but a simple smile on her face.

Suddenly, Scott opened the white colored door. At the moment he had seen Kate's current condition, his eyes widened and said, "Oh! Y-You finally woke up."

"Nope... As a matter of fact I am still in a state of coma," Kate scoffed.

"It is good to finally see you now in a slightly good condition," Scott smiled.

"You call this a slightly good condition?" Kate asked as she looked at her casted left leg. "I have a cast warped around my le—"

Her green eyes instantly had focused on the heart shaped sketch. Inside this sketch was a doodle of a boy and a girl. With a blush on her cheeks, she looked back on Scott.

To reduce the high level of awkwardness, Scott asked, "H-Have you guys heard the news?"

"What news?" I asked with a puzzled look.

"All the Democrats who were involved in the battle will be awarded tomorrow morning. It is going to happen right in front of Alexander's tomb," Scott answered. "Plus, I heard that they built a monument on the right side of his tomb to honor his sacrifice and bravery."

"Oh," I nodded slowly. "That is awesome. I will really be looking forward for that."

Disregarding all that he had said, Kate asked, "Were you the one who sketched this drawing on my cast?"

Scott gulped and said, "K-Kate, it is n-not m—"

"It was him," I interrupted with a smile.

"K-Kate, I'm sorry... I'm really sorry," Scott apologized with his face filled with regret.

It was really obvious that Scott expected for the worst. But surprisingly, Kate replied him with no trace of anger. Instead, she smiled at him and giggled.

"Huh," Scott said with a puzzled look.

"Scott, just admit it already," I chuckled. "Just admit it unless you want to lose her forever."

"Oh alright," Scott said irritably. "Look, Kate. I like you. B-But it is okay if you don't like me back."

At first, Kate looked at him with a stern look on her face. But in the end, she could not resist that laugh inside of her and blasted a loud chuckle.

"Umm... Is there something funny that I had said?" Scott asked worriedly.

"I think it has to do with her medicine," I looked at Kate.

"No... I'm just fine," Kate said with a slight smile.

"Kate, do you like me?" Scott asked seriously.

Again, Kate replied him with nothing but a chuckle.

"I-I better get going," Scott said as he placed his left hand on the door knob.

"It's a good thing you know," Kate raised her left eyebrow.

"See you guys tomorrow morning," Scott smiled as he opened the door and left.

"Kate it was rude," I shook my head.

"You're not the boss of me," Kate rolled her eyes.

"But still, it was rude," I reprimanded.

"Whatever," Kate sighed.

"Come on," I said. "You need to go back to rest if you want to see us awarded by tomorrow."

"Oh alright," Kate said as she slowly leaned back on the bed.

"Don't worry," I spoke. "I am going to stay here with you."

"Awe... That's very sweet of you," Kate smiled.

"Thanks," I chuckled.

Unexpectedly, beyond my wildest expectations, Kate said, "You know, I think I like Scott."

"Huh," I said with a puzzled look. "But you just had hurt his feelings a few seconds ago."

"You know me," She smirked. "I may be having this attitude of a mean bitch, but it doesn't mean that I can't love a person."

"You are so unpredictable as always," I smiled.

"I know," She said as she slowly closed her eyes.

A few seconds later, I laid down next to her with a contented feeling that maybe, just maybe, they were truly meant for each other. As they always say, opposites really attract.

As I closed my eyes, I had imagined the whole country peaceful again, where the three clans and all the ordinary civilians finally live together in perfect harmony. There were no more fight for superiority. Everything was equal. No lives were finally wasted. Unity was at its glamour.