thirty four

- woojin pov -

Everyone made their way out of the building, and the once filled school was empty again. I collected my things and headed out into the Wanna One van where the other members were waiting for me. In the car, me, Jihoon, Seongwoo, Daniel, Seojin, and Hyeyoung were all buzzing about the great night of performances.

    "To celebrate, the night, we're gonna get some korean bbq!" Jisung hyung shouted from the driver's seat. We all cheered because... who doesn't like Korean bbq?

    It was already set that wherever we went, they would sell out of meat for the next month. And soon enough, the store's meat supply was filled in our stomachs.

    "Hey, hey, hey, since you guys did such an amazing job today, the dinner will be on me!" Jisung hyung exclaimed, as he handed his card to the cashier. I am always so thankful for a caring and loving leader like him. He truly knows how to make a great day even better.

    "Thank you, Jisung hyung!" I hugged him. He made a disgusted face, but I can assure you he is just joking. He definitely loves me.

    We all went back to our house to have a karaoke party. What better way to end the night than with friends and music?? We were all playing, laughing, and singing aloud, and then I noticed...

    "Guys, where's Jihoon?"

- jihoon pov -

    Jihoon oppa, I really loved your performance tonight. You really did so well! I don't know if you watched mine or paid attention to mine, but I hope you did because I tried my hardest so maybe you would notice me. Well, I think it's time I reveal my identity to you... if you're curious, meet me under the big tree in the courtyard of our school around 10 pm. Wait... that sounded kinda sketchy... haha see you then!! - cyj -

    My heart raced as I read the note over and over again and thought about it even more in my head. Who was this girl? I didn't even know who she was, but she had such a kind and thoughtful heart, which really grabbed my interest. The whole time at dinner, I wasn't able to concentrate on the food. Sure, I ate a lot, but the conversations drifted by. When Jisung hyung went to pay, I followed him secretly.

    "Hey hyung, thank you for paying for the dinner tonight. I think we all ate alot and ate really well."

    "No problem, Jihoonie! You did so well tonight. I am so proud!" he said, sincerely.

    "So hyung, there's this girl that's been leaving me these notes here and there," I explained, showing him the note I was just reading. "She wants to meet me in 15 minutes... is it okay if I go see her?"

    "Hmmm... well I don't want you to go in the dark and get lost or kidnapped or something. Okay. Go. And be safe," he said, sending me off.

    "Thank you. And please keep this a secret." I ran off out the store and toward the school. A 20 minute walk from the restaurant became a 7 minute sprint. By the time I reached the school, I was panting so hard I couldn't pay attention to where I was supposed to go. I circled around until I saw her. Underneath the tree. She was small, extremely petite, but had the cutest short cut I'd seen. The back of her looked familiar. She had her head down and was fiddling with her fingers. I tapped her shoulder lightly.

    "Yoojung?"

    "Jihoon oppa... there's something I need to tell you. And that's... I'm the one who was leaving you those notes and stuff in your locker. And I know it's really weird and you're way out of my league, but I really admire you as a fan and as a hoobae... and you probably don't feel the same...,"

"Yoojung-ah, I knew it was you. There's only one girl with the initials cyj that I could think of that I have interest in. And it's you," I explained. She didn't seem to believe me.

"I didn't think you would actually come," she said, still with her eyes fixed toward the ground. My curiosity was burning inside of me.

    "Why wouldn't I have come?"

    "Because you're Park Jihoon. You're a celebrity with lots of fans who adore you. You're talented, good looking, and charming. You're way too good for me. I'm just a nobody...," her voice trailed.

    "You aren't a nobody to me, or to anyone at all," I said. She slowly turned her head up towards me. Our eyes met in a magical moment. She looked so helpless and self conscious, and it made me want to embrace her and let her know that I thought she was...

    "Beautiful. I think you're beautiful, Choi Yoojung," I said. I pulled her into a hug. Her tiny figure in my arms made me feel so warm and happy.

- seojin pov -

    Moments after Woojin asked where Jihoon was, there was a loud knock on the door. Jisung oppa approached the door (holding scissors behind his back just in case lol), and slowly opened it.

    "Hi, can we come in? I brought a friend with me," I heard Jihoon say. As the door opened wider, I saw the exact person I expected he'd bring.

    flashback to before the showcase

    While I was getting my makeup done, I saw someone else sit next to me from the corner of my eye.

    "Oh Yoojung! Hey girl!" I said. I had a plan

    "Oh hello, Seojin unnie. You look so pretty!" she said. She was the cutest.

    "Thank you, Yoojung. You look beautiful, too! Trying to impress anyone?" I said. She smiled uneasily and just laughed and stared at the ground. Aha! "I saw the note you put in Jihoon's locker that one time he was sick."

    Her eyes widened. "Oh no! That is SO EMBARRASSING! Unnie! You probably think I'm a hopeless stupid romantic...," she sighed. I held her hand to make her calm down.

    "It's okay, Yoojung! I'm totally like that, too. And I'm not judging you at all. In fact, I think today after the showcase you should meet with him and confess to him!"

    She motioned a no with her hands and shook her head. "Unnie. I can't do that! I'm just a junior, and he's too good for me! He probably doesn't even know who I am at all..."

"No, Yoojung. I believe in you. Don't worry, it will all work out."

Together before the show, we drafted a note for her to leave in his duffel bag.

"We are probably going to karaoke at their house afterward, so if you come with, I'll know it's a good sign," I told her.

flash forward to now

"Hey, good to see you, Yoojung!" I winked at her. She smiled so happily, the happiest I've seen her in a while. I was happy for her, and I was also happy for Jihoon.

(Except he better not hurt her or ruin her because she is the cutest and purest and must be protected at all times or I will fight Jihoon)

These are the days we'll never forget, the happiest moments of our lives.