twenty eight

- seojin pov -

I couldn't believe it. What did he just say? Or maybe he just said to get rid of her, using that as an excuse... or did he really mean it? I turned around to leave the room; I didn't know how to control my feelings. But before I got a chance to escape, Woojin came over to me and grabbed my wrist, pulling me face to face with him.

"We need to talk," he said sternly, and pulled me over to a different empty waiting room. I wanted so bad to leave and be alone, but he had already shut the door behind me. This feeling of vulnerability... I'm not so sure how to describe it, it's as if you know something is coming, but don't know what. He closed his eyes and ran his hands through his hair, trying to control his breathing. Not knowing what to expect, I just stood there with my arms folded, feeling my heart beat uncontrollably against my hand.

"Since you heard everything I have no idea what to tell you, and I know you don't feel the same way, but I just really, really like you, and I don't have any other excuse. It's just purely that," he sighed after he told me this, but this was so much for me to take in.

"Woojin..."

"It's okay, I know you don't feel the same way so you don't have to feel bad for me. I just needed to tell you and I planned on telling you earlier, I'm so sorry you had to hear it this way..."

"Woojin, stop..."

"I'm serious, Seojin, I'm really okay, I know you and Jihoon are - "

"Woojin, I like you, too," I said quietly, holding my breath until he responded. He grew silent as if he had given up, and sat down on a chair. "I like you too." I repeated, sitting down on the chair next to him. I couldn't read his facial expression, but it seemed like a mixture of confused and surprised and so many things.

"Why didn't you tell me before?"

"Why didn't YOU tell me before?"

"You and Jihoon, because I knew you guys were childhood friends and there's always some kind of promise to that, that maybe you'll grow up and you're meant for each other, and I just don't have that with you," he said.

"Woojin, I've liked you from the very beginning, and as much as Jihoon was my childhood best friend, that doesn't change anything between us. You told me you wanted to be best friends, so I thought you probably didn't want anything more..."

"What? You told ME you wanted to be best friends, remember that night we first hung out with Seongwoo and Hyeyoung?" I tried to recollect my memories that night and figured perhaps I had said that. I can't believe it, I was so stupid. But so was he... "I told you I wanted to be best friends because that's what you and Jihoon are, and to me it felt like that was the only way I could maybe get closer with you... I'm sorry if I hurt you, Seojin. But I really like YOU for yourself."

"No, you didn't hurt me. Well you did... I saw you and Minji kissing under the tree that one day, so I was angry. I tried to just forget it and have Jihoon with me to make it seem okay... but now I know it was a misunderstanding." I extended my arm out to his shoulder to reassure him that everything would be okay - no miscommunications, no false feelings, and no tension.

"So what is Jihoon to you?" he asked.

"Jihoon is... a friend. A close friend. Childhood friend, as you know. But we're just recently rebuilding our long lost friendship, and that's why we all of a sudden became so friendly with each other. I meant in no way to hurt you..."

Woojin just nodded his head in acknowledgement. "Okay, I understand. I shouldn't have thought of anything that way... Seojin, I'm so sorry. But at the same time, I can't act properly in front of you. Seeing you from a distance makes me flutter, and I love being around you, spending time with you, even if we don't say anything. You make my heart pound faster than I thought it could, do you feel it?" he took my hand from his shoulder to his heart, and I could feel the pulsations very intensely. "This is what you do to me." And before I could say anything to him in reply, he swooped in and met my lips with his. I've never kissed anyone, so I didn't know what to compare it to, but the feeling of his soft lips on mine... I liked it. I liked the warmth radiating from his face, and the way he's holding my hand. This feeling of being this close made me feel secure, and in that moment I realized that with Woojin, I felt so safe. And without me realizing, I kissed him back.

- jihoon pov -

I know this is terrible of me, but I couldn't help myself from eavesdropping on their conversation - I was so curious. But I don't know whether it was worth it, because all I heard was "Jihoon is a friend". Which I should have expected because childhood fated friends is so... rare, right? And although I had liked Seojin, I'll admit, Woojin was much more caring for her more than I ever was or could be. He deserved her.

But even if I knew this, something inside of me felt... empty. I had lost my opportunity completely, so there was no hope. Walking back to the main waiting room, I made my way to my locker to grab all my belongings. Minji was in the corner of the room sobbing her eyes out with her "friends" next to her trying to calm her down.

"Why can't he like me? I mean, I'm so hot! What is there not to like?" she cried. I didn't feel bad for her. I don't think anyone did.

When I opened my locker, I found a small bottle of aloe juice and a pink sticky note attached to it. What was this?

Hi Jihoon Oppa, you probably don't know who I am, but I just wanted to say I really admire you and think you are such a great dancer. Maybe one day I'll be as good and we could dance together... >< drink this and stay strong! I'm always cheering for you. - cyj -

CYJ? I didn't know of a CYJ from the top of my head... but it must be someone who's also in the showcase! Whoever it was, even if I didn't know them, they put a smile on my face. And that's all I needed for the moment. I grabbed the drink and my bag, heading out for the door. But for some reason I felt dizzy... well, must be just from practicing hard, I'll take medicine when I get home...

- woojin pov -

Kissing Seojin was way different than Minji, who had stolen my first. It was more passionate and more genuine, something enjoyable and intimate. I thought before I did it that maybe it was wrong of me to do this, but I had no self control. I liked her, no, I loved her. And that she felt the way, made me feel so good.

She looked at my shyly, trying to look away, but I couldn't stop looking at her. She was... beautiful. I held my hand out to her face and rotated toward me. Seojin's innocent facial expression made me melt inside, and I just wanted to call her mine.

"So, what are we now?" she asked sheepishly. I smiled.

"I don't know, what do you want to be?"

Before she got a chance to answer, which I was really anticipating her response, someone barged into the room, and Seojin and I both jumped up.

"Seojin, I was looking for you everywhere! I'm so sorry to interrupt you guys," the girl stated.

"Oh hey, Kyulkyung, you weren't interrupting anything... (she was totally interrupting), what's up?" Seojin replied. Kyulkyung already had a worried expression, so Seojin's face also grew concerned.

"It's Jihoon. He passed out. I was walking out to go home, but I saw him passed out on the ground in front of the entrance," Kyulkyung panted.

"What?!" Seojin and I said simultaneously. We both looked at each other and ran out of the room with Kyulkyung. When we made our way to the entrance, we saw that an ambulance and emergency team was already taking Jihoon to go to the hospital.

"Oh my god..." is all that came out of my mouth. Seojin all of sudden broke into tears, and seeing her in state, I quickly wrapped her in my arms. "Shhh, it's okay, it's going to be okay." I could feel her nod, but I knew she wasn't okay.