sixteen

a/n this chapter is on hyeyoung x seongwoo's date; more seojin x woojin will return next chapter, which will be uploaded shortly ! also, i decided from now on, i'll add a song for each chapter that i think fits it best, and you can listen to while reading if you would like !! enjoy :)) 

- hyeyoung pov -

I slowly stepped out of Seojin's house, quietly closing the door behind me. There Seongwoo was standing the spot under the tree between the two houses, patiently waiting with his hands in his pockets.

"Seongwoo oppa!" I waved, coming down to meet him. He smiled. "Hi."

"Hi. You look beautiful today," he said. I blushed (on the inside).

"Thank you, you look quite dapper today as well," I replied. "Where are we going?"

Seongwoo laughed. "It's a surprise," he said, grabbing my hand. Shocks were sent up my arm, but it felt good. Holding his hand, I followed him to wherever he was taking me. We passed by my school, and then the neighborhood playground, then walked through the downtown shopping area, and finally reached the grassy plain that spread before the Han River. The night was beautiful, a cool autumn breeze blowing, the leaves dancing to the sound of the wind. And in the middle of the scene was Seongwoo, standing there in all his perfection, giving me the same flutters he gave me when I first became his fan.

My first question was why are we here. My second question was why was Seongwoo's black bag so full of stuff? But I decided not to ask them, and just see where this night goes. Seongwoo then takes out a blanket from his bag and spreads it on the ground.

"Dinner picnic by Han River, whadya say?" he said, smiling, proud of his preparation. He began to take out all sorts of food he cooked - turkey sandwiches, cheese biscuits, fruit salad, and my favorite, cake! I stood in awe and thankfulness for the extent he went to prepare this all.

"When did you prepare all of this?" I asked, surprised at the amount of detail and thought put into each food.

"I... had some time to spare, just cooking no big deal," he replied casually, and then looked at me grinning. "Well, sit down, let's eat! You must be hungry."

I tried not to gobble everything down like I wanted to because I didn't want to show him me devouring all of the delicious food.

"Hyeyoung, eat as much as you want however you want! I don't judge, I like watching you eat well," he said. At that word, I stopped resisting temptation and dug in. He laughed watching me eat, so I looked up at him pouting. In return he just patted my head. "Our Hyeyoung-ie is so cute."

After eating, he took me to another place. We arrived at a cafe, but instead of sitting in the cafe, we went to the rooftop. The entire rooftop was decorated - lights hanging around and a small sofa with blankets and pillows, and surrounding us was a beautiful and romantic view of Seoul. There was a small table in front of the sofa with some snacks and a projector, which led to the white screen in front.

a/n this is kind of what i pictured, except there's a white movie screen in the front of them

"Thought we could watch my favorite movie together, yeah?" he asked. I nodded my head, just agreeing to everything. My heart was pounding, and once he turned on the movie, he sat next to me on the sofa.

At first, we just sat side to side. Our arms were touching, but we just sat there. Somehow when I leaned forward to grab a snack, his hand slid behind me, and when I sat back where I was, we were cuddling. We were CUDDLING. And I could feel his heartbeat against my arm (or was that my heartbeat pulsing through my whole body...), his warmth near my face. Suddenly, the movie didn't seem so important anymore, and I was focusing so much on our body language.

I shifted my gaze from the movie screen to him, but he was already looking at me. Looking at me with a soft expression, his eyes making him look vulnerable. Not knowing what to do, I just looked at him, my eyes reading anticipation. I kept switching my eye contact from one of his eyes to the other, not knowing what to think or what would happen next.

"Seongwoo oppa..."

And at that moment, there was no need for me to say anything. His soft lips crashed on mine, full of passion and love. Different from the first time, it felt more... meaningful. My body was filled with a warm sensation, a good sensation, and naturally, I kissed him back.

He pulled away slowly, examining my facial features, and I just looked down at the ground, not knowing what to feel. His hand came to my chin and lifted my face up, directing eye contact between us. Then he laughed... huh?

"Starting today, it's day one."