ten

- woojin pov -

After homeroom, I have dance practice, and for some reason practice was cancelled today, which concerned me to be honest, considering the showcase auditions coming up. I decided to just sit outside and enjoy the nice weather while it lasts. I put in my earbuds and started listening to Whatever You Do by Crush, one of my favorite songs at the moment. I found a huge tree in the corner of the court yard and decided to lean back and take a nap. Good days like this don't come easily...

I was woken not long into my nap by a crying noise. When I looked behind the tree from where I was sitting, there was a girl with long hair crying into her lap. Wait, is this? No, it can't be... but what if? Oh well, there's only one way to find out.

"Seojin?" I asked, hesitantly. The girl looked up at me revealing her big brown eyes, wet with her overflowing tears. Seojin. "What are you doing here? Are you okay? What happened?" A million questions came out of my mouth, and I just wanted to hug her. I wanted to tell her that everything would be okay, that I was here for her and that I loved her. Did I love her? I don't know. I wanted to say something more, but I couldn't force myself to say anything more.

Seojin looked down at the ground, and then back up at me. "Jihoon..." she whimpered. Jihoon? What the hell did he do?

"Wh... what? Jihoon? What did he do?" I said gently, crouching down next to her.

"He... I'm his student advisor... and I wanted to talk... hit his books... he yelled," I tried to make out what she was saying, but she was tripping her words over her heavy breathing and tears. But strangely, even though I didn't know what was going on, I could feel her hurt, and that was enough for me to empathize with her. And without me even realizing it, I reached my hand out to her face and placed it on her cheek, wiping a few tears away with my thumb. She looked at me surprised and dumbfounded, and her eyes got bigger. Her look of disbelief before my eyes, and I could not stop looking at her, thinking about how beautiful she was, and how much she meant to me. Instead of pulling away to make things less weird for her, I just gave her a small smile.

"I'm here for you."

- seojin pov -

Could this be real? Park Woojin? Could he like me? Yeah no, there's no way. Right?

I couldn't stop looking at him because of how shocked I was. We made eye contact for longer than I'm thinking, and neither of us broke away. Well, that is until I decided to. But also, the bell rang.

"I... I'm so sorry. Don't tell anyone about this, okay? We should get to class" I said, as he quickly took his hand away and rubbed the back of his neck.

"Wow, I'm so sorry, sorry, I didn't even realize...," he responded, obviously referring to the unexpected intimate moment we had. We looked at each other again and laughed awkwardly, grabbed our bags, and made our way into the school... only to be stopped by Jihoon on the way. It was obvious I had been crying, considering my red face and swollen eyes.

"Jihoon," Woojin started, but Jihoon held his hand in front of his face.

"I'm not here to talk to you, don't you have class to get to?" Jihoon darted back. Woojin looked at me and then once more at Jihoon. "Go, Woojin." I didn't want Woojin to leave me, but I understood he probably didn't have a choice, considering how rude Jihoon was. And I too, at that point, was done with Jihoon.

But strangely, no matter what happened early, I was drawn into his perfect visual, the once again awestruck looks and sparkling presence. And so easily, I fell into him again.

"Seojin, we never got to schedule a meeting for student advising. So, meet me tomorrow at my place after dinner time. I'll text you tomorrow to let you know," he coldly stated as he grabbed my phone and texted his phone from it, and then walked away, leaving me standing there with no words left to say.