twenty nine

a/n this song/mv literally made me cry so much asdfjkl; i love it so much 

- seojin pov -

I was scared. I was scared for Jihoon and the fact that something may have happened to him, and it scares me most that I don't know what. What could have possibly happened? Jisung picked us up from school and immediately took us to the hospital that he was at. Once we got out of the car, we quickly made our way in to the front desk.

"We're here for Park Jihoon, are we able to see him right now?" my brother asked the receptionist.

"Yes, he is in room 605A," the lady replied, pointing in the direction of his room. We all rushed over to see him. There he was, lying in hospital clothes with an IV in his left arm. He looked exhausted, confused, tired, all of the above. I sighed, seeing that he was still breathing, and went over and grabbed his hand, tears overflowing once again.

- jihoon pov -

"Seojin, don't cry. I don't like it when you cry," I said to her slowly, wiping away the tears from her face. She's much more beautiful smiling.

"What... what happened to you? Are you okay?" she cried.

I gave her a soft smile and brushed her hair out of the way. "I'm fine, I just passed out from stress and such. Don't worry about me. I'm okay."

"You're not okay, Jihoon! What are you even stressed about, why didn't you tell me?" I didn't know where to start, maybe the showcase stressed me out? My grades, which were okay, but still, my one sided liking for her? I had to tell her somehow, knowing her she definitely doesn't take just "I'm okay" as an answer. I looked at Woojin who was standing behind her and reached his hand out to me, which I grabbed. He gave me a smile, something I haven't seen him give me in a while.

"Hey man, can I talk to Seojin alone for a minute?" I asked, hoping he'd allow. After what I heard earlier in the waiting room, I knew that he probably wouldn't like me spending time with her whenever. Woojin pursed his lips into a small smile and nodded his head.

"You guys are best friends, and I trust you guys. I don't want you in the way of me and Seojin, but I don't want to be in the way for you and her either," he replied and walked out of the room, slowly closing the door behind him. I sighed in relief and looked up at Seojin, who was looking at me curiously. Seeing her made my heart flutter and ache at the same time because I knew I liked her but also knew I couldn't have her.

"I'm sorry to scare you, Seojin. But really don't worry about me," I started. She nodded her head understandingly.

"Jihoon, why didn't you tell me? What's going on? Please, I need to know to understand," she begged. I gulped and prepared myself to tell her everything.

"This may sound... stupid and probably won't be easy to understand. I guess the main gist of it was... stress? From alot of things, from school, showcase, things like that. But in the midst of it all, the most messy thing was my mind. I thought about alot of things and I figured moving to go to a school was the best get away from my idol life, but I was wrong. When I first saw you again, I really didn't know what to do anymore. It was like a downpour coming over me hitting me with an epiphany that my current life, with Minji and everything, wasn't right for me," I said, trying to recollect my thoughts and organize them. "I know I gave the wrong impression to you, I even pretty much killed my friendship with Woojin. I understand if you can't forgive me, but I want to do everything I can to make it up to you."

"Jihoon, you don't have to be sorry..."

"I like you, Seojin, from the moment I first saw you, all the old feelings... they came back. Seojin... did you ever like me?"