thirteen

- seongwoo pov -

I decided to just go for it. I couldn't help myself. Here she was right next to me, almost in my arms in all her pure perfection. How could I not? I slowly leaned forward, holding my breath as I went in. I guess there's no turning back now... wait but, it's not fair of me to kiss her right? No, I'll just do it... wait no...

Before I reached her lips, I opened my eyes and saw that Hyeyoung's eyes were also closed, and her lips were fumbling a bit.

"What are you doing with your lips?" I asked her, teasingly. She opened her eyes and looked away embarrassed.

"I don't know... I don't know! Don't ask me," she pouted. How can someone be so cute? She looked at me in a cute angry way and pointed at me. "I just wanted to close my eyes and I was... doing lip yoga. Yeah, I was just exercising my-" I couldn't stand it anymore. I put my hand on the back of her neck and brought her lips to mine, "lips." Hyeyoung's whole face turned red, and I pulled her in for a hug and laughed.

- woojin pov -

I'm sorry to Seongwoo hyung, but Seojin and I were watching what just happened from the upstairs staircase balcony. For the most part, I was pretty cringed out about Seongwoo hyung's flirting manners, while Seojin was loving the scene as if it were from a movie.

"Woojin, I feel so creepy for stalking them from up here, but they are just TOO CUTE don't you agree?" she asked me.

"Yeah, real cute," I said, trying not to sound sarcastic. What I really wanted to say was that we could be cute together too, that I wanted to kiss her too. But I couldn't just say that. "By the way, what happened with Jihoon earlier? He never came down?" I wondered.

She sighed and sat down with her back against the upstairs balcony. "I walked in at a bad time... Minji was there," she said. Minji was here? But we aren't allowed to have guests over without Jisung's permission? Suddenly the bathroom door flung open and Jihoon came out from the shower but he was dressed, and drying his hair with a towel. He saw us and stopped walking.

"What are you guys doing here," he stated, as if we had done something wrong.

"We're just hanging out, I live here too you know," I responded, standing up. I made sure Seojin was behind me just in case Jihoon would say anything to her. Jihoon looked at me, and then looked at Seojin, rolled his eyes and walked passed us to his room.

"Don't worry about Jihoon, he's been acting strange these days for no reason. I think he's being stupid," I reassured Seojin, who seemed a bit bewildered by Jihoon's appearance. She just nodded her head and asked to leave. "Sure, I'll walk you back."

When I came back to the house, Hyeyoung was gone, but a very happy Seongwoo was there sharing his good news to Daniel.

"And then like she was so pretty right? So I could not help myself... I went in for it! And her eyes were closed too? It was so cute. Then I wanted to make fun of her, so I asked her what are you even doing. Right? And then she was making this excuse and then bam! Daniel, you taught me so well how to get a girl's heart," Seongwoo beamed. Daniel was laughing the whole time.

"Seongwoo, what am I going to do? Is the Ongniel ship going to die? How dare you leave me for a girl!" Daniel jokingly responded. Daehwi was also at the table listening intently to their conversation.

"Daniel hyung Seongwoo hyung teach ME how to get a girl!!! A pretty noona like Hyeyoung or Seojin noona!" Daehwi exclaimed, but in return, Daniel and Seongwoo smacked him. I shook my head and went upstairs, just to see Jihoon again.

"Jihoon," I called, "did you bring Minji here today?"

He looked at me seriously, as if this time he was the one who committed a crime. "So Seojin told you. Since you guys are just the bestest friends in the entire world right? So are you going to tell on me? What are you going to do?" he challenged. I just shook my head no.

"I'm not going to tell anyone, Jihoon," I said. He looked shocked. "But, I'd prefer you maybe stay away from Seojin and stop the rudeness toward her. I think as Jisung hyung's sister she deserves more respect than what you give her, which is none," I stated, brushing past him to my room before he got a chance to respond.

That night, I couldn't sleep. I was thinking about alot of things. How I was happy for Seongwoo and Hyeyoung sure, and how I needed to practice more for the showcase. How Jihoon was secretly bringing in Minji to our house, but my main thoughts were about how I should deal with my feelings toward Seojin. Do I confess? Should I tell her how I truly feel? I wish I could... but the friendzone is stopping me. 

- seojin pov -

Tossing and turning and changing my position over a million times, I couldn't seem to comfortably sleep. I grabbed my phone to check the time. 1:28 am, and tomorrow was a Friday, so I had school, too. Instead of going back to sleep, I found myself searching up variety shows that Wanna One guested in. It was entertaining watching it, now knowing some of the members in person, it was more fun to see what they did. Usually I'd just wait for Jihoon to do or say something, me thinking he was the best visual of Wanna One. But this time, I looked for more cuts with Woojin. Something about him, he was quiet for the most part but there would be once in a while instances where he just stole the scene. And something about his smile, the way his snaggle shows when he laughs.

Jihoon was just an infatuation, or so I'd like to think. But I think I am slowly falling for someone else...

- jihoon pov -

I had troubling falling asleep with my preoccupied mind. Maybe Woojin was right, maybe I'm being too rude to Seojin. No, I know I'm being too rude to her. But what should I do?

I got up from my bed and went to my closet, reaching for a small shoe box on one of the top closet shelves. Opening it, I found all the little memories from my childhood with my one and only childhood friend. Behind the baby pictures and handwritten notes, I found something. A string bracelet. The good luck charm that brought me the best things in my life, including my debut with Wanna One. I took it out and put it on my bedside drawer to keep it with me from now on.

I need to end things with Minji. And then, I need to renew my old relationship with Seojin. Perhaps this bracelet will work its magic in my life once again.