twenty two

a/n dude this red velvet album i think is their best one yet, i like every single freaking song on it omg. like EVERY ONE OF THEM. well, here's my favorite one, hear the sea <3 

- jihoon pov -

<this takes place after he was at the cafe earlier>

On the way walking home, I decided to take a detour to the Han River. It's times like this where I like to take a walk with the cool breeze, hearing the sound of Seoul traffic and the river crashing against the shore. I let the wind enrapture me and block out every sight and replacing it with the black of my closed eyes. Breathe in, breathe out.

From my pocket, I took out the friendship bracelet. Still in good condition, as I tried not to wear it out so it doesn't fray. Holding it tight in my hand, I pressed my hand against my heart.

"Jihoon, get your life together," I said to myself.

<flashforward to jihoon coming to the seojin's house>

"What are you doing here?" she asked sternly. I looked down at the ground. It had already been raining a bit on the way here, and my clothes were slightly drenched.

"I... I... I need to talk to you," I replied. There was nothing more I could think of saying, no excuse or anything. She sighed and opened her door wider, signalling me to come in.

"Seojin, who is it?" I heard someone's voice ask from afar. Woojin. Since when did he become so protective over her? "Oh, Jihoon. It's you," he said, his facial expression changing when he saw me.

"Woojin, we're just going to have a talk, okay? Tell them I'll be back super soon. I'm just gonna be in the study room with him," Seojin tried to calm him down. He pursed his lips and gave me a strict glare before going back to the party, and I looked at him weakly. Seojin brought me to the study room, the place where we had always studied together when we were younger.

"What do you want, Jihoon?" she charged. Where do I start?

"I... want to say sorry," I whispered. Her face didn't change.

"Sorry for what?"

"For... I don't know, for being an ass, for not treating you humanely...," Seojin rolled her eyes when I said this, and I felt more desperate than ever. "Look, I know you hate me right now. And I totally would too if I were you. But these past few months, I was trying so hard to put up a facade. When we first met when we moved in, you didn't recognize me. And for some reason, that set me off,"

"Jihoon..."

"I know this will sound more terrible in itself, but I used Minji to try to forget about you. But you got so close with Woojin... do you not remember who I am? Do you not remember me?!" I could feel my voice growing angrier and louder, but I tried to keep calm.

"Jihoon, do you think I don't remember you?" she quietly said.

"You didn't..." I weakly responded. She rolled her eyes.

"Jihoon, of course I remember you. I was disappointed because I thought you tried to forget about me. And yes, I am close with Woojin. He treated me like a person with genuine feelings. Why would I try so hard to get close with you when you did everything you could to reject my forwardness?" I didn't know what to say. I closed my eyes in defeat, hoping that Seojin would say something more. "You're really selfish, you know that Jihoon?" I took a deep breath. What's expected had come.

I slowly opened my eyes and saw her in front of me. The same beauty from childhood, the innocence and intelligence, all spilling out at once over me and I thought I had fell in love with her again. "Seojin... I'm sorry. I just... want us to have that same friendship. Ignore these past few months and be friends again," I stated, my last resort response. She sighed, looked at me disappointingly, and pulled me into a hug.

At her embrace, tears began to fall without me even realizing. Each droplet held a burden of apologies, and spilled on her left shoulder. From my right ear I could hear whimpers. She was crying too.

"I missed you, Seojin. I really did," I said truthfully.

"I missed you, too... Jihoon."