thirty three

- seojin pov -

20 minutes before...

"Yanghwa team, you're next, get ready!" yelled a stage crew member. Me and the rest of my members scurried over, hearts racing and excited.

"Guys, we got this! We're going to do great," Nayoung said. We all nodded and did our team cheer.

Walking out on stage, the most exhilarating feeling overcame me. It was a half nervous, half excited sort of feeling that gave me the good kind of butterflies, like the ones you get before opening a Christmas present. I didn't know how our performance would go, or how the judges would react. All I knew was how hard I had worked for this all my life, this night, and the stage will know the extent of what we practiced for this piece. The music started, and everything after that seemed like a blur.

Umma... hengbok haja... apeuji malgo...

The audience seemed moved my the emotion of our piece; even we were overcome because that was the most emotional we've sang the piece. In the end, no mistakes, no regrets. It was everything I could have asked for. The crowd cheered, and even the CEOs were smiling and whispering to each other. The hours of practicing came down to those 5 minutes. And it was definitely a 5 minutes worth remembering.

"We did it! We did it guys we were so good!" Sojung exclaimed as we recollected backstage.

"Oh my gosh, and Seojin, talk about that high note you hit!!! You know the judges seemed so impressed, if you know what I mean," Nayoung said, as she nudged me. I couldn't help but shed a few tears.

"Guys... it's all because you guys that we were able to do well. I mean, I'm thankful you guys trusted me as your main vocal to sing and honestly, I owe everything to you guys. Thank you," I said. The other members wrapped me in a big group hug, and began cheering my name. Which was soon interrupted by...

"Ahem," I heard someone clear their throat, and the girls let go of me and started laughing. It was Woojin. "Seojin..."

"... Yes?"

"I think I've fallen more in love with you. I'm so lucky to be with someone as talented as you," he said, sincerely (I think, Woojin is never this serious!) The other girls squealed and giggled, and I could feel my cheeks turning hot.

"Well, thanks, Wooj. You're not so bad yourself," I said, sheepishly. He smiled and pulled me into a hug; this had to be one of the most relieving and warming hugs ever.

20 minutes later...

Once Minji got on stage, I quickly ran back to the waiting room to watch the monitor. Despite everything she had done to affect me, for some reason I didn't want this stupid lace to ruin her chances for greatness. Every step she made frightened me.

Duh cool hagae, duh hot hageae, red lipstick jjom duh bbalgah kae

I was shaking inside, every step she took. For some reason, I couldn't keep my eyes off the monitor, and whenever the lace got close to where she stepped, my heart dropped. Yes, she hurt me. Yes, she did the worst to me. Yet I still had inside of me the old friendship that we once had, and knew she wanted her dream and was working toward it as hard as I was. I was there with her at one point in her journey. I know how hard she worked. And now, it could all go to waste.

Wonsoongi ungdungie neun bbalgae, bbalgangun hyuna, hyuna na neun -

A big crash sounded, and the gasps of the crowd rose and haunted the auditorium as the judges confusingly looked at each other not knowing what to think or do. There Minji was, sprawled across the stage floor. Minji stared around, realizing what had just happened, embarrassed and upset by her mistake. She broke into tears and ran off the stage, leaving the crowd to wonder what exactly had just happened. I ran out to the hallway to find her, but she had ran off somewhere, nowhere to be found.

- woojin pov -

"Next up, we will have Get Ugly crew!" Everyone wished us good luck as we headed out toward the stage.

"Good luck, Woojin!!" I heard Seojin yell as I left the door. I stopped and turned around to see her running toward me for a hug. Because this our crew was one of the most anticipated acts of the night, I was feeling really antsy about our performance.

"Ey, we got this guys. No pressure, aight?" Euigun said.

"You ugly, we ugly, get ugly!" we all chanted, as we went for the stage into our positions.

And whatever happened after that, I can't remember. But I do know that we killed it. Last act and standing ovation. We went backstage, where I was again greeted by the most beautiful girl I knew. We were both cheering together, with everyone, because not only was the showcase finished, but finished strong. All of the performers went back on stage for the big closing, and the audience went wild. Even the CEOs stood up to clap for us, so I knew that this year's showcase was the best one yet.

"Another round of applause for all the wonderful and talented performers of tonight's showcase!" Sewoon exclaimed, as we walked back on stage. "We'd like to thank the performers for working so hard for tonight's show, and the CEOs for making a presence and seeking our school's talented students. And last but not least, we'd like to thank each and every one of you for coming to this show and making tonight a sold out performance. On behalf of Curie Arts High School, this was Jung Sewoon your MC, have a great night!"