eight

- seojin pov -

I knew him already? What is he talking about?

"You guys were best friends when you guys were like elementary kids. Don't you know? He lived with us because his parents died, and then he went away to his agency in middle school to train... don't tell me you forgot..."

flashback fourteen years ago (no pov)

a/n the main characters are twenty years old, which I think means they are in their last year of high school in Korea.

"Seojin-ah, we're going to be best friends forever! Right?? You aren't going to replace me with another boy, right??" Jihoon asked, with his puppy eyes.

Seojin held his hand and smiled. "I will never!! And you can't find another girl, okay!! Let's get married when we're older, too," she replied, swinging their held hands.

two years later

Seojin picked up a letter that got delivered to their house.

TO: Park Jihoon FROM: Maroo Entertainment

"Jihoon! Something came for you!" she shouted, and Jihoon rushed toward her and picked up the letter, ripping it open. A tear came from his eye and he looked up at Seojin. "What is it?"

"I... I got in. I got into Maroo. I'm going to train to be an idol," he tried to say, while more tears were falling from his face. Seojin gave him a hug.

"Ah, Jihoon! Don't cry, be happy!! I am sooo happy for you!!" Seojin exclaimed, but in reality she was upset that her best friend was leaving her. She tried to give him a hopeful smile, but he kept crying.

"I'm so sorry, Seojin. I'm sorry. But we will see each other again. And I'll keep my promise, so keep yours too, okay?" he whimpered. Later that night, he gave Seojin a bracelet made out of string.

"What's this?" Seojin asked. Jihoon showed that he was wearing the same bracelet on his wrist.

"It's our friendship bracelet. So even if we grow up and we can't find each other, we can prove it to each other by showing this bracelet." They hugged one more time.

A week later, Jihoon packed his bags and went to the Maroo dorms, where he lived in as a new home. They lost contact and never saw each other since then. Both of them had different dreams, separate lives, new people. Things change. People change.

flashforward today - seojin pov -

I frantically looked through my drawers after remembering the bracelet he gave me. Where the heck did I put it... where did I... ugh!

FOUND IT. It was still in good condition, since I barely wore it so it wouldn't wear out. Here it is. I decided to keep it in a safe place still and not wear it out, at least not until Jihoon and Minji started breaking up. Which is... whenever that will be...

The next day at school, nothing was different socially. Woojin and I met up to walk over, Jihoon and Minji continued their hallway PDA, and classes went by as normal. The workload, however, multiplied, as classes immediately started with high intensity on the second day of school. The same four crew, me, Woojin, Hyeyoung, and Sewoon, decided to stay close friends as a group and did most things together, like studying and eating. Everyday after school, we would grab coffee at a local popup cafe and head to the library, working away and studying.

For the next two weeks, things continued this way. Woojin and I became really close, and spent much of our time together. I started to forget about Jihoon the more time I spent with Woojin, but I could never tell what Woojin was thinking half the time. But instead of overthinking things, I decided to ignore my feelings and just let things be. 

- wanna one next door -On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara