nine

- seojin pov -

Next week is auditions for the showcase, aka the school was going INSANE. Practice rooms were constantly booked, so people practiced in every square foot of the school, including the bathroom. Some groups stayed after school hours just to be able to practice in quiet.

I ended joining a vocal group with a couple other girls from the vocal club, and we're singing Zion T.'s Yanghwa Bridge as a four part harmony. In my opinion, we sounded quite good, and my brother helped us a bit with singing with emotions and making it fit all the better. That doesn't mean I wasn't nervous though. Last year, I had sang a duet with Sewoon, and it had very positive feedback from many colleges. I didn't want to disappoint them this year, so the expectations were set high.

Hyeyoung dance trio for Full Moon was so well put together. They had some difficulty at first, but now they really made it work and they're all so beautiful. Woojin's dance group with Jihoon and a few others was also one of the most anticipated groups for the showcase this year.

The first bell rang and we all went to homeroom. Professor Kang walked to her usual spot at the podium, hitting it to grab our attention. "Alright everyone, settle down, I know the showcase auditions are held next week, but I need to make a few announcements about other things." Everyone quickly found their spots in their seats. "First things first, monthly progress reports! Looking over everyone's grades, I can tell we made a smart decision to have student advisors this year. Those of you who have a note on your progress report, please see me after class, and we will make arrangements for you to meet with a student advisor. Yoon Seojin, Kim Jonghyun, stay after class as well to schedule things," she said, as she passed around our progress report cards.

"Aw man, I have a B in music theory," whimpered Hyeyoung to Sewoon, as Sewoon just shook his head and laughed.

"It's okay Hyeyoung, a B can easily be an A, and you don't need student advising because that's not failing," he replied coolly.

Out of the corner of my eye, I could see Minji and her progress report. Was that... a D? In music history? I swear, if I have to spend time tutoring her...

Professor Kang cleared her throat. "Now, about the showcase. Audition lists will be posted in the cafeteria this afternoon. If you have any questions or need to reschedule, please see Sewoon," she pointed at Sewoon, who waved his arm.

Soon, the bell rang, and I slowly packed my stuff and went to the front of the room to Professor Kang, awaiting to be assigned students who needed my help. Strange... I still don't understand why this is my job. "There are students from the other homerooms too, so let's wait until they all come in," she said to me, and I just nodded my head. There were a couple of students from the room next door, 3-1, and our classroom was 3-2. When the 3-3 students came in... there was someone who caught my eye.

"Jihoon?" I whispered, a bit louder than I thought I had said. He heard me, and gave me a stink eye.

"Shut the fuck up, Seojin. Do you think you're better than everyone else?" he attacked back. I didn't want to cause any trouble, so I just shook my head and went next to Professor Kang.

"Okay everyone, so as you guys know, these are your student advisors, Yoon Seojin and Kim Jonghyun. I will assign you guys an advisor, so please talk with them to find a good time to meet. With Kim Jonghyun is Ahn Yeri, Kwon Minji, Lee Joonkyu, Ma Jongseop, Yim Jiyong,"

Thank goodness I didn't have Minji. Ugh, what a relief.

"And with Yoon Seojin, is Baek Yoojung, Cho Kyurim, Kim Jiwon, Lee Narae, and," crap, "Park Jihoon." I took a glance at Jihoon, who made eye contact with me and very quickly broke away, putting his head down. Afterwards, I met with the other four students to talk about when to meet, but Jihoon was nowhere to be found. I quickly packed up my stuff and went into the crowded hallway trying to look for him.

"Jihoon!" I finally found him by his locker. I ran over and got pushed on the way, accidentally bumping into him and spilling his books and papers all over the floor around. "Oh my gosh, I am so sorry, here let me help you..."

"Just get the hell out. Everywhere I go, why are you always freaking there? I don't want to see your annoying face anymore, so just leave," he shouted at me, even drawing some stares from passerbys. I couldn't believe it. The one who's my supposed childhood friend, the one who I promised I'd never leave for another guy.

"Jihoon..." I started trying to say something, but I couldn't think of what to say, and no words would come out of my mouth.

"Get the FUCK OUT, Seojin," he yelled. I ran off into the crowd, tears rolling down my face. I could feel the heat from the hurt in my heart. Thank goodness it was a free period for me; I ran all the way to the school courtyard, to a place under a secluded tree. Sitting down, I just took deep breaths to control myself, but my inside my head was chaos. But then...

"Hey, are you okay?"