thirty

a/n this song is such a feel good song 

- seojin pov -

With the showcase coming up in a week, the entirety of the school had gone into complete chaos. Administrators making phone calls to agencies, showcase board focusing on publicity, performers practicing, practicing, and practicing.

"Any agencies you're really looking out for?" Sewoon asked while we ate lunch.

"I'm hoping for SM, but that's a big goal. So probably aiming more toward like MBK or Loen," Hyeyoung said. Even SM was realistic for her though, her visuals and talent combined could get her into any agency. "Seojin, what about you?"

"I don't really have an agency in mind. I guess any place that takes me I'm thankful," I replied, but I did in fact have an agency in mind.

"That's a lie, you've been crazy about YG since they acknowledged you at last year's showcase," Sewoon said, gosh he knows me too well. I smiled and shook my head, trying not to create any expectations for myself.

"What about you though, you have some choices, Sewoon! What agency doesn't want you?" Hyeyoung piped up. It's true what she's saying. He was a great singer songwriter and producer, but his long term goal was to become the CEO of his own agency.

"I was thinking big like JYP at first, but the more I think about it, maybe somewhere smaller but just as well known like Pledis or Starship is ideal. I want a place where I can really focus in on what I want to do, and just debuting," he said. His goal was admirable, I have to admit. And he'd do great at it too.

Woojin came to join us at the table not long after. He sat down next to me, making my heart race again, even though technically we were already together. We briefly made eye contact and didn't know how to interact (since Hyeyoung and Sewoon didn't know), but they seemed to catch on quick.

"What's with the secretive eye exchange? Are you guys dating or something?" Hyeyoung asked, half sarcastically. Woojin and I looked at each other again surprised, and then burst into laughter. "What! I'm just asking!"

"Maybe we are," Woojin replied, still laughing in between his words. Sewoon just laughed and shook his head, and Hyeyoung jumped in excitement.

"Any word on Jihoon?" I asked. I hadn't been able to contact him since the day I visited him in the hospital, and he still wasn't back in school.

"He came home yesterday night, but he's staying home for a couple days to rest. He has a fever now, but hopefully he'll get well soon in time for the showcase." The showcase, even though Jihoon and Woojin already had agencies, meant more to them in terms of credibility and talent appeal, both important aspects to a new idol group.

After lunch, we walked into the hallway where all our lockers were. I was exchanging books that I needed for my next classes, when I looked down the hallway to see where Jihoon's locker was. It felt weird that he wasn't here, a kind of spacious emptiness. But seconds later, that empty spot where Jihoon would be standing was replaced by someone else. A small girl with short hair and bangs approached his locker and slipped a small pink note inside the locker crevice. Huh? Out of curiousity, I slowly walked toward where she was, hoping she wouldn't notice me. Right when I thought I could get a look at her face, she quickly walked away into the crowd of students. Hmm...

"Seojin let's go to class! What are you doing just standing here?" Woojin said, approaching behind me. He looked in the direction I was looking, probably wondering why I was staring at the crowd of people ahead. "What are you looking at exactly?"

"There was this small girl who came to Jihoon's locker and put some note inside, but I couldn't tell who. She walked away over there," I said, nodding my head toward the crowd.

"Jihoon has a secret admirer?" Woojin cooed.

"Quite possibly... I want to find out who, but I don't know how..." Then, Woojin smiled at me, huh?

"I have an idea. I think I can find out how."

- woojin pov -

New Text Message to Pink Jihoon

Park Chamsae:
yo, do u need me to grab
any of your books from school?

Pink Jihoon:
ya actually that'd be nice
can u grab my history textbook and
dance positions notebook in my locker?
1800 16-40-3

Park Chamsae:
sure thang bro
hope you're resting up well at home

Pink Jihoon:
thanks man ur the best

SEEN

Too easy, Park Jihoon. Too freaking easy.

After class, I rushed over to Jihoon's locker, quickly putting in the combination before anyone would notice. As soon as his locker opened, a small note fell. Bingo.

"So she didn't write a name, but she put her initials?" Seojin asked while walking home together that afternoon. We were both carefully examining the letter and the handwriting, trying to figure out who may have sent it.

"Who do you think it is? What did she look like when you saw her?" I asked her. I didn't know many people in the school, probably Seojin would know best.

"Hmm... short hair, bangs. I didn't get to see her face. She was pretty small too," Seojin said, trying to remember what she saw earlier. Suddenly, she grew wide eyed. "Wait, and her initials are CYJ?" Me, who barely knew people in our school, could figure out who it was. And at the same time, we both said the name of the only person this could possibly be.

"Choi Yoojung."

- jihoon pov -

"Jihoon, we're here!" I heard a shout from downstairs. I couldn't physically get up to see who it was, but after hearing their feet rush up the stairs, I was greeted by Woojin and Seojin when they came back from school. I smiled. "We bought this for you!" Seojin said, extending a plastic bag full of items. I looked inside to see some vitamins and healthy juice. They never fail to make me feel important.

"Thank you guys, really," I said, and I really meant it. The two more caring people for me on this Earth, despite how I treated them before. They are truly friends like no other. "I would hug you, but I don't want to get you sick." They giggled and sat down at the bottom corners on my bed.

"How are you feeling?" Woojin asked, handing me the books I asked him to bring me from school.

"Better. Alot better. But even more better now that you guys came!" They suddenly looked at each other, seeming to be sending some kind of secret signal to each other. What the... Woojin reached for his backpack to pull something out.

"Maybe this will make your day even better," Woojin said, handing me a note written on a familiar piece of stationery.

Today my dance teacher told me I really improved alot, and it made me really happy. I would have been happier if I got to see you today too, but I didn't see you. I know you're probably getting the rest you need, though. Rest up, get well soon and come back to school! Seeing you makes my day. >< - cyj -

I looked at the both of them, who looked back at me uneasily. "Did you guys read this?"

"Sorry, we were curious," Seojin giggled. "Do you know who it might be?"

I shook my head. "I have absolutely no idea. Do you?" They looked at each other AGAIN, Woojin making a face and Seojin shaking her head no. I swear this is driving me insane... Woojin looked at me and laughed.

"I think it'll be more fun if you don't know," he laughed. WHY. I just shook my head and looked at them ridiculously, putting the note in my bed side drawer with the rest of them. But Woojin was right, this did make my day even better. And I didn't even know who it was.