twenty

a/n i love this song so freaking much asdfjkl; 

- seojin pov -

The following friday was the day that showcase audition results came out. I remember everyone was hurdled around a wall in the cafeteria when Woojin and I got to school. We had already known our groups had made the showcase program before even seeing the list because our members had texted us before. But just out of curiosity, we waited to see the full roster.

Thank you to those who participated in auditioning for the showcase. We had more audition submissions this year than ever! Due to the large number of high quality performances, our judges had an extremely difficult time choosing, so they are confident that this year's showcase will be the best yet. And without further ado...
Congratulations to the following acts for this year's Curie Arts High School Showcase!

Vocal Solo: Lee Jooyoung - Eyes, Nose, Lips (Taeyang)

Vocal Duet: Ahn Yeonju, Baek Minho - Give Love (Akdong Musicians)

Vocal Group: Kim Nayoung, Oh Sojung, Yoon Chaekyung, Yoon Seojin - Yanghwa Bridge (Zion. T)

Vocal Group: Choi Minki, Kang Dongho, Lee Daeyoung, Jung Sewoon - Playing With Fire (Blackpink)

Rap/Vocal Duet: Jin Jungmin, Jung Yeri - Good Start 2015 (Jimin, Seulong)

Rap Group: Kim Jonghyun, Kim Taemin, Lee Kwangsoo, Moon Janghyuk - Fear (Mino)

Dance Solo: Kwon Minji - Red (HyunA)

Dance Solo: Noh Taehyun - Low (Flo Rida)

Dance Duet: Lee Yoonseo, Yoo Seonho - Troublemaker (Troublemaker)

Dance Group: Joo Kyulkyung, Kim Sohye, Song Hyeyoung - Full Moon (Sunmi)

Dance Group: Choi Yoojung, Jeon Somi, Kim Chungha, Kim Dani, Kim Doyeon, Kim Seokyung, Kwon Eunbin - Bang Bang (Ariana Grande, Jessie J, Nicki Minaj)

Dance Group: Ahn Hyunseob, Hong Seongwoo, Kang Euigun, Kim Sammy, Park Jihoon, Park Woojin - Get Ugly (Jason Derulo)

Performance order is not finalized and will be determined after the first dress rehearsal.
Once again, thank you to all who auditioned. We hope to have a great turnout for the show this year.

I'm not going to lie, this was a pretty good line up this year, and I was so excited. Other than that, the semester is almost over into the school year, and nothing has changed. We're all studying (more like stu-DYING) away and hella practicing for the showcase of course.

But forget about the hard work, today is Hyeyoung's birthday, and Jisung Oppa and I are planning to have everyone over at our house for a surprise party and dinner for her. He invited all the boys, and I told a few close friends from school.

"Seojin, make sure you go pick up the cake today! They said it'd be ready by today. Oh, and grab some decorations, too?" my brother told me, as I was putting on my shoes to leave the house.

"Don't worry, oppa! She's more my friend than yours anyway," I replied, sticking my tongue out. I grabbed my wallet and phone, and left the house. But, the journey is never fun when you go alone, so I decided to call up a friend to come with.

"Hello?" answered the other line.

"Woojin-ah! Can you come out right now? I have to get a few things for Hyeyoung's surprise but it's boring to go alone."

"Sure sure, give me five minutes let me change."

And exactly five minutes later, Woojin came out of his house and came over to where I was standing. We walked over to the downtown shopping plaza together and sat in a cafe to chill.

"So who all is coming today from your group?" I asked.

"Daniel hyung, Daehwi, me, and of course Seongwoo hyung," he added the last name with a smirk.

"Oh, Seongwoo hyung and Hyeyoung... it's been like what, a week now?"

Woojin nodded."Seongwoo hyung is LITERALLY head over heels for her, you have no idea. Last night, he and Daniel hyung were drinking beer and eating chicken together. I think hyung might have had a bit much to drink because he started asking everyone where Hyeyoung was and kept crying about how pretty she is and how much she misses her!"

I couldn't help but laugh, imaging a drunk Seongwoo hopelessly searching around for Hyeyoung to his members. Oh my goodness... wait til Hyeyoung hears about this. "What about Jihoon?" I asked.

Woojin rolled his eyes. "I don't think he's coming, earlier he mentioned something about his fifty third day anniversary with Minji or something like that, so dumb. Who even celebrates the FIFTY THIRD day?" I shook my head. They were one of those annoying couples that always make out in the hallway and post pictures on social media all the time. "Speaking of Jihoon and Minji...," Woojin stated. I looked over to where he was staring and there they were, coming into the cafe we were at and sitting a table behind Woojin. I could see Jihoon's face from where I was sitting, and Minji's back was turned toward our table. He and I made eye contact, but I broke it quickly.

"Do you want to leave? You seem uncomfortable," he asked. I nodded my head.

- jihoon pov -

Today was Hyeyoung's birthday and the rest of the members were planning to go over to Seojin's for the surprise party. Of course I wanted to go. But, someone else had a different schedule for me.

"Jihoonie, today is our fifty third day! I'm so happy with you. Aren't you happy with me, too? I'm like the sexiest girl in the entire school!" she exclaimed. But I wasn't paying attention to her. I was looking over her shoudler at Seojin. We briefly made eye contact, and I was hoping to keep it, but she broke it off too soon.

"Jihoonie, are you even listening to me?" Minji questioned. I refocused my attention to her, only for a bit.

"Oh yeah, I am so happy! We are great together," I quickly said before my attention diverted again.

"I'm so happy, too," she said, as she grabbed my hand. I didn't do anything back, and she must have noticed the lack of attention I was giving her. "Jihoon, what are you looking at?" she turned around to see Seojin, and I looked down at the table and straightened out my clothes. "Her? Are you kidding me? Babe, she is nothing compared to me," she scoffed. I tried to smile, but my heart wouldn't let me.

"I think Yoon Seojin is perfect," I said, unintentionally. Minji quickly pulled her hand away.

"Say that one more time and we're done," she seriously stated. Then, Seojin and Woojin began to get up, grabbing their things to leave. I wanted to do something before they left the store....

"Actually, that doesn't sound like a bad idea, Minji. Let's break up." And at that time, Seojin walked by our table. Out of nowhere, my hand, as if it had a mind of its own, grabbed her wrist, pulling her back to me. She looked at my confused, almost a bit angry even.

"Jihoon, what are you -"

"Yoon Seojin. I missed you, my best friend, Yoon Seojin."