five

- seojin pov -

    I woke up not to my early morning alarm, but a bombard of text messages from Hyeyoung.
(10) Text Messages from Wifey Hyeyoungie

Wifey Hyeyoungie:
omg u arent gonna believe this
so like seongwoo oppa walked me back last night right
but it got kinda cold so he GAVE ME HIS CARDIGAN
and like we were so close to holding hands like adjalkjflkasjd
dude omg.... hes so cute sosososos
I cant
seojin omg im literally IN LOVE W HIM
and he asked for my NUMBER too OMG
wait wtf why arent u replying???
yoon seojin wake up we have school!!!

Hubby Seojinie:
ahhh i am so happy for you <333
so glad things are going well for yall on day 1???
and stahp im awake now
ill meet u @ school gotta get ready

Wifey Hyeyoungie:
hehehe thanks for bringing me to hang out, love <3
and alrighty, see you soon! meet at ur locker!
SEEN

I think my one motivation for getting ready for school this morning was seeing Wanna One at school. Like Woojin, I've only known him for like what... two days? And I feel like I've known him for so long, that old best friend kind of feeling. And Daehwi was so cute and bubbly, too. But I was mainly excited to see Jihoon. He gave me those butterflies/cute boy crush feelings, you know? And I hated and loved that feeling at the same time.

I tried to look extra cute, since the "first day of school" is an excuse to do so. Since Curie repealed their dress code rule this year, I decided to wear my black overall dress over a pink knit with white shoes. Hair natural, and a bit of eye makeup and lip tint.

As I grabbed my backpack and headed out of my room

Text Message from Park Woojinie

Park Woojinie:
seojin! walk together to school?

Yoon Seojinie:
sure, i was just about to head out!
meet me outside like, now

I locked my house and walked out, meeting Woojin at our usual spot between our houses. School was only a five minute walk from where I lived, and the weather was nice out, so we decided to walk. To be honest, I was hoping to see that Jihoon would be with him, but he was nowhere to be seen.

    "Where's Jihoon? Is he not coming?" I asked him.

    "Oh, he and Daehwi went earlier to sort out some scheduling issues. Mine was fine, so I decided I'd just go with you instead," he replied casually. "You look nice today!"

    Aw, what a disappointment... at least I'll see Jihoon at school! "Haha, thanks Woojin, you do too. Hey, we're at school! See, it's really close by. Let's get inside! I'll show you a bit around since we got here kind of early."

- woojin pov -

    Curie Arts High School was huge. I mean, my old high school was quite large too, but Curie was fascinatingly built. It was modern and the building was a mix of windows and white slate. You're first greeted with the outside garden and its beautiful colorful array of flowers on either side of a neatly paved walkway leading into the school main entrance. I took a breath of the air, and slowly exhaled, half trying to take in the beauty of the campus and half because I was nervous. Even though it was a new school, and I didn't know almost anyone (even though they might know me), the refreshing visual of the school gave me hope that everything would be okay.

    But more than the school, I couldn't stop smiling as a I followed Seojin through the walkway and into the school. She looked really good today, I wasn't just throwing around compliments when I said that. Her bubbly and happy usual self, greeting all the juniors politely as we made our way in. I could hear people gasping and whispering when they saw me following her inside, so I just did the same, politely greeted them and closely followed behind Seojin.

    We went in, and she showed me around. We had the same homeroom, so we decided to just chill at her locker before school started. She kept picking at her hair while looking at her locker mirror, as if she wasn't satisfied with what she was seeing.

    "Seojin, stop. You're beautiful. I think you're beautiful."

    "What?"