six

- seojin pov -

    My heart was pounding. Did I hear him correctly? I don't know. My thoughts were interrupted by Hyeyoung's voice shouting my name.

    "SEOJIN AHHH, WE HAVE THE SAME HOMEROOM!!" she shouted at me... a little too loudly for my taste.

    "I know, Hyeyoung, calm down! Haha, and Woojin is with us, too," I replied, turning to look at her. She looked at Woojin and said hi, and then looked at me giving me that suggestive look, and smiled. Classic Hyeyoung.

    "Oh, Seojin, guess who else is in our homeroom..." her voice trailed off, entailing that whoever she was referring to definitely wasn't good. She tilted her head to the left, toward the trail of lockers down from mine. I slowly looked over to see her. Kwon Minji, in her full face makeup, black cut off booty shorts and a navy blue halter crop top, black choker and hoop earrings.

    I looked at Hyeyoung with that "you gotta be kidding me" face. And with that, all that came out of my mouth was, "Are you kidding me." Hyeyoung nodded, sharing this pissed feeling I had. I'd be lying if I said I've always hated her because we actually used to be good friends. Kwon Minji, Yoon Seojin, Song Hyeyoung. The three of us were inseparable best friends up until our first year of high school. She was the only one of the three of us that did modern dancing, and she was actually one of the top. Curie's modern dance team was one of the top in the country, but the members had a reputation for being... well, they get around with alot of guys, I'll say. To our dismay(? lowkey thankful now doe), Minji slowly abandoned us for the modern dance bitches, and she... changed?

Woojin looked over as well and looked surprised, then asked, "Wait, that's Kwon Minji right?" What? How did he know her? Hyeyoung and I blankly stared at him

    "Wait, you know her?" I asked curiously.

    Woojin nodded. "She's-- "

    I didn't get to hear what Woojin said after I asked him because something else caught my eye. Park Jihoon. Walking down the hallway passed my locker, his pure perfection and cool aura. I stood back, watching him wave at Woojin, who just lifted his chin at him. He was walking down... walking toward... Kwon Minji?

    "-- Jihoon's girlfriend...," Woojin finished. Some weird feeling took over my body when he said that. Is this jealousy? I've felt jealousy before, but it was never this severe. What is this? I hated it. I looked over to see them, wishing for once that I could be Minji. Although I hated her, she was visually perfect; long legs, thin waist, proportional facial features. There was even a rumor that she had a boob job done, but whether that's true or not, guys still did double takes when she walked by.

    "Hey babe," I heard Jihoon say to her, as she smiled and put her arms around his neck, and his hands went around her waist. They began to kiss despite the amount of students around them gathering around from afar. There wasn't a single person that didn't recognize who Jihoon was, of course. Minji either. You know, congratulations to them for being the most popular couple on campus, and the first day hasn't even started yet. Good for them, I'm fine, it's fine.

    Hyeyoung looked at me and held my hand. "Seojin, stop caring about him. He's nothing anyways," she said, pulling my arm away to go to class. I'm really bad at hiding my expressions, and Hyeyoung was a master at reading them. And I guess Woojin was, too.

    He laughed a little to himself and then looked at me with a concerned expression. "You know, I really hate her. I haven't even met her, but also I think Jihoon only likes her for her looks, so that says something about him, too." I looked up at him, and he offered a smile.

    The bell rang, and we went to class. Just my luck - Minji was in the same homeroom as us. Hooray (?) Jihoon was in the next room over, a different class unfortunately. We took our seats; I decided to sit with Woojin since he didn't know anyone, and Hyeyoung sat in front with Jung Sewoon, one of our other friends.

    "Hello everyone, welcome back to school! I hope you had a restful summer and are ready for another year of excellence!" Professor Kang cheered, as she walked into the classroom and to her podium. "As many of you guys noticed, we have some special new students here, but I would like you to treat them all as if they are normal students and make them feel comfortable. Welcome to Curie Arts High School!" Everyone clapped and turned all around, mostly spotting Woojin and then smiling. Many girls were whispering to each other and lowkey fangirling, but trying to stay cool on the outside. Hilarious.

    Professor Kang hit the podium, regaining everyone's attention back. "As you all may know, here at Curie we modified many of our school rules for this new year. This includes the repealed dress code and relationship rule. We believe that you guys should be held responsible for your actions." When she said this, I thought back to Jihoon and Minji in the morning, realizing that no one really stopped them from their PDA. "There will also be the addition of student academic advisors, which will be there to assist those who need academic help. For this year, since it is a new policy, the professors and teachers decided to choose the student advisors for each grade based on last years academic performance and leadership. So, for your grade, we have Kim Jonghyun  and Yoon Seojin! Once the first progress report comes out, we will assign those who need help to them."

    I was surprised, me as a student advisor? Not really sure exactly what I did since there were many smart kids with strong leadership, but I was happy nonetheless because it's a respectable title. Jonghyun and I were always switching off for two of our class, so I was excited to work with him, too. Everyone in the class clapped, except Minji of course.

    After class ended, Hyeyoung, Woojin, and I walked out to eat lunch. Sewoon joined us, too, and we happily headed out to eat. The first day of school was always short, so we decided to go eat something delicious. That is, until, Minji stepped in front of me and blocked my path.

    "Excuse me, you're in my way Minji, please move," I stated, trying to walk around her.

    "Congrats on your student advisor position, Seojin. You really deserve it," she said with a smile. Wait what the hell, why is she being so nice?

    "Oh thanks, I guess, hard work pays off you know?"

    "Yeah yeah, I know. That's why I'm going to show the professors that I deserve this position more than you. Cause there's really nothing good about you." Yep, as expected. Can't ever think Minji is being nice.

Suddenly, Jihoon came from the other classroom to Minji, greeting her with a kiss. "Hey babe, ready to go?" he asked in a seductive tone... what is the need for that tone...

Woojin looked at Jihoon seriously. "She's coming over today, Jihoon?" he asked, annoyed.

"Yeah, you have a problem with that Woojin?" Jihoon darted back, making Woojin lean back. He just shrugged and began to keep walking in the direction we were headed, and the rest of us followed behind, leaving the two fake lovers behind.

- woojin pov -

    It's not that I hated Minji, I barely knew her after all. But her relationship with Jihoon was so insincere, and I just hated that. And what was is that Hyeyoung said to Seojin in the morning, that she could do better than him? Doesn't that mean that Seojin liked Jihoon? But why, he's good looking and all, but even the first time we all met, he was being weird to her. What was so good about him? What did he have that I didn't?

    "Woojin, are you okay?" I heard someone say. I looked to see it was Seojin looking worried at me, as if I had gone ill. I nodded my head and offered a smile.

    "Yeah, I'm okay, just thinking, let's go! I'm starving," I replied, trying to put in some energy. Seojin just laughed and linked arms with me. And starting from my arm, I could feel a tingling sensation run through my body and just prayed wasn't turning red. My heart pounded faster and I tried to force my feet to walk, but it was so hard. She was so beautiful, inside and out. Caring, smart, and talented.