178. Kris (drawing re-post)

“Mine looks better than yours.”

“There is no way that mess looks better than my drawing! What did you do, eat on it and spill everything on it?”

Kris huffs in frustration and runs his fingers through his hair. You tap your foot, ready for him to say something. You were confident in your opinion. Your drawing was better than his, hands-down. He was the only one who didn’t seem to think so.

“Mine is more creative,” he comments.

You laugh out loud. “Yours looks like something a child would draw!” You turn and look for an innocent bystander. “Luhan!” You shout, catching his attention.

“What?” The deer-like boy looks up from the book that he and his best friend Oh Sehun were reading together. 

You hold out your sketchbook for his evaluation. “Whose drawing looks better, mine or Kris’?” Kris follows your lead and holds out his sketchbook, too.

Luhan bites his lip. “I’m not going to get involved with this.” He buries his nose in the book, hiding from your sharp look. Kris growls in irritation.

Sehun grins. “Arguing over that again? Why don’t you just have a contest?” He suggests, his eyes glittering.

“A contest?” You echo, raising an eyebrow. You and Kris share a look.

Sehun nods mischievously. “Sure. Just you, Kris hyung, and two sketchbooks. See which one can draw the other person better. Whoever wins gets a kiss from the loser!”

Your face turns bright red. “Yah, Oh Sehun, is that a punishment or a prize?” Darnit. All of the members of Exo—except Kris—knew about your tremendous crush on the Chinese leader. He was completely oblivious; to him, your love for art was more than you’d ever need.

Kris tilts his head. “What? Afraid to drop out now?”

“I’m not afraid!” You challenge. “I know I can beat you!”

“Don’t be so sure,” Kris said. “I am magnificently handsome. Beauty like this is incredibly difficult to draw.” He raises an eyebrow and gives you a smoldering, sexy look. You gulp, and he smirks. “Girls like you are really easy to draw.”

“Are you calling me ugly?” Your voice grows louder, and you stomp your foot angrily.

“Ooookaaay,” Luhan says quickly, intervening. “We are all family here… I think we should just go on with the contest or agree to disagree.”

“Oh, I’m definitely going to do this!” You snap. “I’m going to beat him and show him that I am a better artist!”

“Hit me with your best shot,” Kris replied tauntingly.

Meanwhile, Sehun gets on the phone and calls the rest of the members.

The two of you bring stools into the gymnasium because it has the most light. You sit across from each other. Each of you holds a sketchbook in your lap and a pencil in your hand. He has a spare pencil tucked behind his ear.

He sticks out his tongue at you and pulls down his cheek, making a face. You huff and ignore him.

Luhan stands ready with a stopwatch. “Draw as much as you can in fifteen minutes,” he says slowly. “The drawings will then be judged by the rest of Exo. The winner gets a kiss from the loser.”

“Arraseo,” you and Kris say at the same time.

“Ready…go!” Luhan clicks the start, and you begin.

Kris glances up from his sketchbook. You are drawing furiously; a little dimple in your forehead appears from the frown on your face. You are concentrating.

Instead of drawing, he watches you carefully. He felt bad about what he said. You were the prettiest girl he’d ever seen, and he had never admitted that he liked you very much—not even to his fellow members. When Sehun had chosen a kiss as a prize…he didn’t know whether to jump for joy or beat the maknae up.

Realizing that he only had five minutes left, he bent down and started to draw, putting all of his effort into the drawing.

“And…STOP!” Luhan says. “Present your sketchbooks to my assistant…”

“Yah, what assistant,” Sehun mumbles. He takes your sketchbook and then Kris’. His eyes widen a bit when he sees Kris’ book, and he glances up at you.

You start to get worried. What? What was with that look? Did Kris actually draw well? What if his is really better than mine?

Exo looks at the sketchbooks, glancing from one to the other. Finally, they wave Luhan over. D.O. whispers something into his ear, and Luhan nods.

“The results are in… The winner of the contest is…” he pauses dramatically before saying, “…both of you! There is a tie!”

“What?” Both of you say at the same time. Your eyes meet his, and you both race over to the members and snatch the other’s sketchbook.

Your eyes widen once you see Kris. You burst out laughing. It’s a terrible drawing—it looks like a five-year-old drew it. But at the bottom, he drew a heart and said, “I put my heart into this. If you want to live, let me win!”

“Yah, you threatened the judges!” You tease jokingly. “I should be the winner!”

“Does that mean you want to kiss Kris hyung?” Sehun asked with a wink.

Kris rolled his eyes. “Heck with it!”

You gasp as he stalks over to you and wraps one arm around your waist. He leans down before you can say anything and presses his lips against yours. Your eyes widen, and the sketchbook falls to the ground.

When he pulls away, he is blushing. “Truthfully, ______-ah,” he says softly, “I have liked you for a while. I finally got a chance to kiss you. I will never admit that you are better at drawing than me, but I want to spend the rest of my life proving that I am worthy enough to be on the same level as you.” He smiles one of his rare, beautiful smiles. “If you teach me more about art, I will teach you more…about love.”

He leans down to kiss you again, filling your insides with warmth.