125. Kris (romantic)

“Yah, ______,” Your best friend calls. She nods her head, gesturing towards something behind you. “Isn’t that Kris?”

You glance over your shoulder. A pair of cold, brown eyes meets yours. You quickly turn around, pretending to be unaffected by his stare. “Yeah. So?”

“He’s been staring at you this whole time,” she says.

You shrug. You could feel his eyes on you, boring holes into your back. “So?” You repeat. “I don’t care.”

She looks unsure. “I don’t know, ______...”

“It’s been two weeks,” You say in a slightly sharp voice. “I’m over him. I’ve moved on. I’m not going to bother myself about that person anymore.”

Lies. Every word was a lie. You were still torn apart by him. You ignored him because you couldn’t bear to look at him. Your heart hurt every time you heard his voice. But you had to keep a cool appearance. You told everyone that you had moved on, hoping he would do the same and stop breaking your heart every time he looked at you.

Your friend grew silent, and you wondered why. You peer at her face; she’s become very still. “Hey, what’s—”

“_______,” A very deep, husky voice says from behind you.

You stiffen in your seat. Kris is right behind you. You feel a hand wrap around your arm.

“I want to talk to you,” he says, pulling you up.

You frown and yank your arm away. “What if,” you swallow and try again, “What if I don’t want to talk to you?”

“Then just listen,” he says. He runs his fingers through his hair and sighs frustratedly, looking around. “I…” He trails off, growing quiet.

Your heart pangs in your chest as you take in his full appearance. His eyes were bloodshot and puffy as if he’d been crying a lot, and he had dark circles from lack of sleep. His hair was messy and stuck up in several directions from his fingers constantly dragging through it. Instead of his straight, tall posture that he usually carried himself with, he looked smaller. Weaker. Fragile.

You want to cry for him and for you and for your broken hearts. “Kris, I—”

“______, I want to get back together,” he says, grabbing your hand. “Please. I can’t stop thinking about you. I haven’t slept or eaten in days because I miss you. Every time I hear you say that you’ve moved on, I want to tear my ears off. Please, _____.” His brown eyes fill with tears. “I can’t live without you. Please take me back.”

You sniff and close your eyes. “Kris…”

He leans his forehead against yours. “Please, _____.” His voice is barely above a whisper. “I don’t even understand why you left me…I don’t care. All I want is to be with you again.”

A tear slides down your cheek. You open your eyes and stare into his big brown ones. You had left him because you loved him too much. He was too good for you. You were holding him back. “Kris, I…”

“I love you, _____,” He says. “I will stand here for hours if I have to. I will tell you that every time I see you. Just…please…

“I love you, Kris,” You say. “I couldn’t stop thinking about you, either…I was torn apart every time I saw you. Everything I told everyone else…it was always a lie. How can I get over someone like you?” You wrap your arms around his neck, and he puts his around your waist. “You’re perfect. How can I go back to being normal after loving someone like you?”

His lip slowly starts to curve up in a smile. “You love me?” He whispers, sounding like a little boy.

“Damn you,” you say. “I never stopped!”

He leans down and presses his lips against yours, pulling you against his chest. He pulls away only for a moment to hug you tightly. “I love you, _____.”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N – Dedicated to CassidyTTubb and ayaexofan~~~ sorry it took so long. This would be my ideal after-the-break-up-this-is-how-we-get-back-together scenario. :) what about you?