177. Xiumin (scary-ish)

Xiumin kicks the bum and shoves him away. "Get out of here! You know this is my side of town. If you come back over here, bad things will happen. Do you understand?"

The bum spits at Xiumin's feet and stands up, wiping his bloody lip. "This is not over, dumpling boy," he sneers. "I swear on every hair on my head that I will find whatever you are protecting and destroy it. See if you're so tough after that."

Xiumin doesn't show his fear for his girlfriend. "Stay on your side of town," he snaps angrily. "Don't give me a reason--don't give me a better reason to kick your ass."

"Oh, don't worry," the other gang leader snorts. "When I'm finished, there will be only one side of town. My side." He turns and marches away with his gang members, leaving Xiumin with a broken lip and a pounding heart filled with dread.

"Minseok! Yah, Kim Minseok!" You hiss at your boyfriend. You kick the back of his seat. "Wake up! The teacher is coming back!"

He snorts and shakes his head, sleepily looking up. He glances at you over his shoulder and smiles. "Thanks, jagiya." He rubs his eyes but sits up straight.

You smile at his back before taking out your notebook. You and Xiumin had been dating for a few months now, and you were absolutely in love with him. There was only one thing about him that you didn't like, and that was his role as a gang boss outside school. Xiumin had made marvelous improvements, though. You had only agreed to keep seeing him if he kept his grades up and left you out of the gang business. His radical behavior had almost disappeared completely--only a few fist fights every now and then reminded you of his gang.

The teacher comes back in and tells everyone which page to turn to. You open up your book and flip through the pages. Your eyes widen slightly as you feel a familiar warmth. Your face turns bright red. Darn... Not here, of all times and places... You slowly raise your hand. "Um...songsaeng-nim?"

The teacher turns around. He pushes up his glasses. "Ne? What is it, ______-ah?"

You feel your face getting hot. "I need to use the restroom."

He sighs. "Is it an emergency? I'm about to start the--"

"Yes," you say quickly, hoping you wouldn't have to spell it out for him.

He realizes what you mean instantly. "Oh. Of course. Go right ahead."

Minseok tugs on your sleeve as you walk past him. "I'll give you my notes when you get back, jagi." You offer a quick smile before walking briskly out of the room and to the bathroom down the hall.

You finish your business quickly and step out of the stall to wash your hands. The lights suddenly turn off in the bathroom. You jump, startled, and poke your head into the hallway to discover that all of the rooms have no power. The school is in complete darkness, save for the sunlight from the windows.

You step out. "What's going o--" 

A hand comes out of nowhere and punches you square in the jaw. You fall to the hallway floor with a yelp, your knees slamming into the ground. You look up to see who hit you, and the figure of a man steps forward.

Your eyes widen. "Who are yo--"

He raises his hand and hits you again. "Did I give you permission to speak, b*tch?" He sneers. "I know you. You're Xiumin's little slut." He stands up straight. "Unlucky for him... This school is on my side of town." 

You don't look up at him. You freeze when you hear a metallic clunck. A gun. He brought a gun into the school. And the rooms...everyone is on lockdown... Your heart starts to pound. The rooms would be sealed, and everyone would be hiding. There was no way the teachers would let anyone out to help you. Xiumin was stuck in the rooms while you were in the hall with this psycho gang member.

You slowly look up at him. "What are you going to do?" You ask quietly. "This isn't just to get his attention."

"Nah," he says. "This is to get his turf. The only way he'll ever learn my rules is if I take away what he loves. And that, at the moment, is you." He raises the gun and points it directly at you. 

You close your eyes and pretend not to be scared.

A shot is fired, and you flinch. But it didn't hit you. You're still alive. You open your eyes, shocked. "What--?!"

The gang member stumbles back a few steps before falling to the ground. You whirl around to see who had shot him. A dark figure steps out of the shadows and into the light of the sun. His eyes meet yours, and you start to cry.

Xiumin lowers the gun and runs over to you. "I'm so sorry, ________," he whispers, pulling you close. "I'm sorry. I didn't...I had no idea..." He kisses your hair lightly. "Please forgive me. I would never have shot him if you weren't in danger. He would have killed you, jagi--"

You turn and wrap your arms around him, sobbing into his chest. "I was so scared!" You cry, hugging him tightly. 

He wraps his arms around you. "It's okay now," he says quietly, rocking you gently. "I'm here. I will protect you." He looks down before tilting your chin up and kissing you gently on the lips.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N - I marked this one as scary-ish because school shootings are terrifying and sadly realistic. I don't think I conveyed the feels very well for this one, but... The realism of this is what makes it so scary.

Dedicated to deathinmelives, Nyappy1, Gellie_bean, runescapeRULZ, Exo1DGirl, and AngelNacor! After Tao is Sehunnie ^^ Please vote and comment if you liked