90. Kai (cute and sweet)

Kai grips your hand tightly, looking as nervous as you.. You squeeze his hand and close your eyes. “It hurts!” You shout as tears pour down your face.

“I know baby,” he says. “It’ll be okay, it’s almost over…”

Your heart is pounding in your ears, and you clench your jaw. You have never been in so much pain. You cry out wordlessly. Kai can’t do anything to help you except murmur in your ear and let you squeeze his hand until you leave bruises on his wrist.

“Almost there,” he says. “You can do it! You can endure it!”

Finally, you hear a small cry—one that isn’t yours. Relief floods your bdoy, and you go limp. Kai’s face breaks into a huge, bright smile.

The nurses in the room mumble before handing you a soft bundle of fabric. The tears trailing down your face are happy now. You gently brush the blanket out of the way and stare in amazement at the tiny face hidden in the wrap.

“She’s like a little spring roll~,” Kai teases. He plants a kiss on your forehead. You are too awed for words. She looks like him.

He smiles and reaches for your little baby’s hand. She can barely wrap her fingers around his pinky. “She’s so small,” he murmurs happily.

“She’ll be a daddy’s girl,” you say finally. “Spoiled rotten, too.”

“Am I spoiled?” He asks, pretending to be upset even though he was smiling.

“Ne,” you reply tauntingly.

Kai’s voice grows hushed. “Oh, is she sleeping?” He asks, leaning over you to get a better view of the baby’s face. “She’s so cute… I want to hold her~!”

“Ne,” you say in a hushed voice. Kai’s face is purely angelic as he takes your daughter and cradles her gently in his arms, rocking her back and forth instinctively.

“She’s perfect,” he says quietly. He kisses you while still holding her. “Just like you, jagi.”

“I love you,” you say.

“Nado saranghae,” he replies with a beautiful smile.