95. Baekhyun (sweet)

A/N - I saw a video of soldiers coming home, and I couldn't help but shed a few tears... I hope this gives you a really good feeling~ :) Please vote if you like it!

Your voice is growing shaky. “I miss you,” You say quietly into the phone.

Your boyfriend sighs. “I know, jagi,” Baekhyun says softly.

“When are you coming home?”

“I don’t know,” he says. “I wish I could be there right now.”

“So do I,” you say. You sniff. You can’t help the tears that slide down your cheek.

His voice is gentle. “Jagiya, don’t cry. Don’t cry.” He exhales. “I wish I could be there now. I love you, _____.”

“I love you too,” You say. He hangs up first.

He had been away in the military for a year and a half. He still had six months left of mandatory service. You missed him like crazy, and you hadn’t seen him in that much time. The only conversations you had were over the phone and only lasted for a few minutes.

Your phone rings again, and you pick it up. “Yobuseyo?”

“Hey, ______.” It’s your friend Chen. “What’s up?”

“I’m about to go to sleep,” you say.

He reads your voice. “_____-ah, have you been crying? Did something happen?”

“No, I just got off the phone with Baekhyun-ah,” you say.

“Oh,” Chen says sympathetically. “______, are you free? I want to meet tomorrow.”

You sigh and rub your forehead. “I’m free, but I don’t really feel like…”

“Great!” He interrupts. “I’ll see you tomorrow at the Sunset Café. Annyeong~!”

“Chen, wait—”

He hangs up, leaving you holding the phone with a confused expression. You sigh and hang up. I guess I’m meeting him at work tomorrow. You flop onto your bed and close your eyes, dreaming of your soldier man.

Chen grins as you walk up. “There you are! We’ve been waiting for you!” He is holding a camcorder. You blink and stare at him. He chuckles and presses closer, moving the camera directly into your face.

You lean back, laughing. “Chen Chen, get the camera out of my face!”

“Finally, we made our _____ smile~!” He cheers. He leads you towards a larger room. “Come on, we’re all waiting for you.”

“Who’s ‘we’?” You ask, curious. “Why are they waiting for me?”

“It’s a surprise party,” Chen says, ushering you into the room. Your friends were there, along with all of Chen’s friends. You smile at them.

“Thanks, Chen,” you say. “But…who’s the surprise for?”

“You,” a different voice says from behind you.

You gasp and whirl around. Baekhyun smiles at you angelically and holds his arms open. Your eyes fill with happy tears, and you lunge towards him, wrapping your arms around his neck. He drops the bouquet of flowers and holds you tightly against his chest, pulling you close. You sob into his shoulder, and he strokes your hair.

“I love you so much,” you cry.

“I love you too, jagi,” he says, squeezing you tighter. “I love you.”