110. Kris (manly)

“Yah, _____! Are you just now getting here?”

You roll your eyes as your best friend wraps an arm over your shoulder. “Hi, Kris.”

His brow furrows. “Kris? Not Kris gege?” He says teasingly. Your best friend runs his fingers through his thick blonde hair and sighs. He was one of the tallest boys in the school, as well as one of the best-looking if not the best-looking. You two had been friends since childhood.

You both pull the double doors to the school open. “Please, ladies first,” He says pleasantly with a sweeping bow.

You giggle. “Age before beauty.”

“We’re the same age, _____,” Kris mumbles before ruffling your hair and going inside. You pout and fix your hair before following him inside. He stops directly in the doorway, causing you to bump into his back.

“Oh, sorry~,” He says happily, not sorry at all.

You laugh and push his back. “Move forward! There are people behind me!” He stumbles once you push him and laughs. You smile to yourself. To anyone else, Kris was the Cold Prince, the ultimate cool guy; but to you, he was anything but cold. He only showed the soft, funny, goofy side of himself around you.

“We’re meeting for lunch, right?” He asks as you walk towards your separate classes.

You nod. “Mm. I’ll see you later, gege,” you say with a wink. He winks back cheesily before sliding into his class.

You set your backpack down and slip into your seat. With a sigh you fold your arms and lay down. You were really tired; you and Kris had been up most of the night studying. You wondered how he had so much energy this morning.

You hear a familiar voice. “Hey, _______. You look tired.”

You don’t say anything. Maybe he’ll go away. You recognize the voice of the class pervert and casanova, Kevin Li. You hear the scraping of a chair against the floor and feel his eyes on you.

“Yah,” he says softly. “I’m talking to you.”

“Yes, I’m tired,” you grumble. “Now let me sleep.”

“If you’re that tired, you should skip with me,” He says in a low voice. “I know someplace quiet where we could sleep.”

You shoot up and glower at him. “I am not sleeping with you!” You hiss. “I’m not skipping class, either!”

The teacher comes in as he opens his mouth to reply. He mouths “think about it” before turning around and facing the teacher. You shudder. The thought of even being near him disgusted you.

Soon enough, the lunch bell rings. You slide your books back into your bag and pull out your lunchbox. As soon as the door is clear, you rush out to meet Kris.

Someone grabs your arm and pushes you against the wall. Your head hits first, and you let out a breath. Ouch! You look up to see Kevin Li standing in front of you, holding your arms to the wall.

“You’re not so tired now, are you?” He purrs. “Are you meeting someone for lunch?” You turn your head away as he reaches for you. He tilts his head. “You’d better answer me. You’re not really in a position to refuse me. Who are you meeting? Who could possibly be better company than me?”

“Me, asshole,” a deep, husky voice says from behind him.

You gasp as Kris appears behind Kevin and punches him hard in the jaw. Kevin releases you and staggers, holding his jaw. Kris’ eyes are narrow and cold. He grabs your arm and pulls you behind him protectively.

Kevin runs forward to try and hit Kris, but Kris is faster and lands a solid punch to Kevin’s nose. Kevin yelps and moves away. You see blood start to trickle from his nose.

Kris says in a voice sharp like razors, “Stay away from my ______, or I will break more than your nose. Get out of here before I change my mind and refuse to let you leave.”

Kevin scrambles to his feet and plugs his nose, running out of the hallway.

Kris turns towards you. His eyes are soft and his voice is gentle. “Are you okay?” He asks. Without waiting for an answer, he pulls you to him and wraps his arms around you tightly. “Did he do anything to you?”

“No,” you whisper. “Kris…”

“I was worried,” he murmurs. He pulls away and leans his forehead against yours and stares into your eyes. “Don’t ever arrive late to lunch again.”

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dedicated to King_Kris and MafiaReaper~! I hope you like it, please vote if you do ^^~~~~!