Chapter 30

As I walked through the forest I came to the road where I could hear horses and the sounds of wheels from a carriage. I stopped in the middle of the road and waited to see who it was, and when I could hear Poppy's screaming I rolled my eyes and sat down.
The carriage stopped and I watched as Reaver jumped off his horse to fight me with his sword. I looked at him without moving or making a sound and he began look confused of my presence.

Why aren't you attacking?" He asked as if I could answer.

I gave him this bored look and he looked as if he recognized me.

WHY HAS THE CARRIAGE STOPPED!" Poppy roared as she came running out onto the road where she saw me and screamed. "Get that thing away!"

It hasn't done anything to harm us, I think it's just trying to pass." Reaver explained to Poppy and I felt something within me burst. I felt weak and then I saw Winter, he must have been kept prisoner!
I roared at the sight and I swung Reaver away with my wing where he went flying into the bushes. I charged towards Winter where Poppy was standing and I threw her at the carriage where she fell in a mud puddle.
I grabbed Winter in my claws and I realized that when I saw him, that must have set me to turn back into my elven form. I quickly took off to the skies and I could hear Poppy cry.

IT HAS TAKEN THE ICE PRISONER!" She screamed from down below in the mud puddle.

I grinned as I flew away with my true love, I mean WINTER!
He screamed in horror as I held onto him tightly with my claws. Finally once I knew we were far from them, I threw him up into the sky, and he fell onto my back and held on for dear life as I flew towards the elemental kingdom where I would get to see River again.
All of a sudden my tail disappeared as I was shrinking down, was I turning back? We were still far away from the kingdom, I wouldn't know where I was, and we wouldn't be able to go onto the road again, Poppy would already be coming to look for me.
I kept flying at a faster speed and I lost a wing and some scales flew behind me. "No!" I cried and Winter looked at me in confusion.

You can speak?" He asked and I smiled.

It's me! Tera!" I said.

Queen Tera of the elemental kingdom?" He asked.

Yes!" I answered as we dropped from the sky. I only had time to notice that I had a hand again, I was again, an elf.
As we neared the ground I was already using my magic to slow us down, which slightly scared Winter.
I dropped us again and we fell onto the ground, except we were safe and we weren't harmed, well I wasn't. "Are you ok?"

Yes, I'm fine. Why were you a dragon?" He asked.

When I was trying to escape I slowed down and I found a witch, she was my only chance at escaping since Poppy's search party was after me. She turned me into a dragon and I never saw her again." I explained.

Oh ok, that makes a lot of sense." He said.

Anyways, we have to run, they could be here soon." I said.

What? How? You were flying faster than them though." He replied.

Yes, but, they also want my head now that I took you from them." I answered.

Oh how nice, you aren't going to turn me in, are you?" Winter asked.

No, of course not, you're my one and only love." I answered.

Wait what?"

The witches daughter told me that I could only change back once I see my true love, that has to be you." I explained.

I'm your true love?" He asked.

Yes, don't you realize why we met now? It was fate for us to be locked up together." I answered.

I never thought about it that way." He said.

Well think about it that way now, Winter, I love you, you are my one and only love, you saved me from being a dragon forever." I replied.

I-I love you too." He answered and I smiled.

Now lets go, they are probably near, the fire kingdom isn't far away from here, they could already be there by now." I said and he took my hand.

You sure we should go back to the elemental palace?" He asked.

That's where my daughter is." I answered.

Then we shall go, but before we do I have a question for you." He said.

What is it?" I asked.

Will you marry me?" Winter asked.

I wouldn't say no even if it meant I would die the next day." I answered as I hugged him tightly. "Now lets go!"

And with that last word, we took off into the night towards the elemental kingdom where we could live happily, and I could be happy in a marriage that would last for as long as the love was real.
River would be so happy to know that the family would grow to be bigger, and stronger, we could have a love, stronger than ever. The family would be greater than ever, I would have everything I could ever dream about, a family, fame, love, a castle. I was the luckiest to have love and a family again, for the time being though, I would have to be careful of what would leave the palace.
The palace was finally near after hours and I smiled. "Almost home."

What's it like?" Winter asked.

It's wonderful." I answered.

Really?" He asked. "How?"

Everyone is so nice, most days, and everything just plays out perfectly." I answered.

Well then I am lucky to be sharing a life with you." He replied as he lightly kissed my cheek.