Chapter 20

Tera POV...

MOMMY!!!!" River cried from her chamber across the hallway.

What?!" I cried as I swung her door open only to find her struggling with a dress.

I can not get this on or off." She whimpered.

I nearly broke my silence in a laugh. "Here." I said as I helped her dress off and I helped her put it back on. "There."

Thank you." She smiled and I smiled back.

How are you this morning?" I asked.

I am ok." She answered and I saw her looking down at the floor sadly.

What is wrong?" I asked as I made her look up at me.

I miss my necklace, the one the mean man took from me." She sniffed.

I felt slightly heartbroken. "River, that necklace was only a necklace, your mother did indeed give it to you and that is what made it special, but just because you lost it does not mean you lost her forever." I explained as I hugged her reassuringly.

Really? How?" She asked as she wiped tears off her cheek.

She will forever be here with you, in your heart." I answered. "You will never loose her."

Is that true?" She asked.

Yes, she has found a place with the greatest heroes ever to live." I answered.

Was my old mommy a hero?" River asked.

Yes, because she fought for her life, she was fighting for yours, she was fighting for her kingdom." I answered even thought I had not a clue to wether she had fought at all, or if she had even thought of River.

You make me feel better." She said as she buried her face in my cotton dress.

Do you feel like going down to the palace?" I asked.

YAY!" She cheered.

Good, I have to go out today to get a few things, I will be back very late but, I will be back." I explained.
_____________________
Poppy POV...

That little rat!" I hissed. "She gets every little bit of happiness, She gets a new daughter, her own kingdom, the love of her people, and now the forest elves want her as their queen!"

Poppy, maybe you are a little tired, you should go back to bed." Magnus replied.

Shut up!" I snapped. "I have a plan."

What is that plan?" He asked.

What do you think of the rat?" I asked.

Tera? She is a weak, stupid, dumb little elf who is a child! She has no right to be queen, but, she did spare my life and I will forever thank her for that." He answered.

Well no time to thank her, she should not be queen, you said it yourself." I replied.

So? What will you do about that? She has one of the strongest kingdoms in all of the elven continent." Magnus answered.

Find Reaver, he has the most amazing ideas that I have ever heard." I ordered.

Of course my love." He answered. "REAVER!!!!"