Chapter 4

Tera could not breathe. Her stomach hurt from holding her breath, and her heart pounded inside of her chest. She was scared silent. The Elfor outside could break her door down, or, he could smash through the glass window and kill her.
Finally, after what had seemed like an eternity, the Elfor stormed off, Tera was free to run, but, she was just so terrified to leave her tree hut. She felt safer inside than outside in a storm, where anyone could easily spot her, alone and vulnerable.
Tera fought past the fear, and darted outside, down the winding staircase.
As soon as she got to the Stone path that led through her village, she sped right to the centre, where no elf was in sight. She never stopped crying the whole way. The rain hid her tears, but it had failed to hide Tera's red, swollen eyes.
Many minutes later, she found herself in the elemental kingdoms Fire village. This is where she ran as fast as she could manage, to the small stone hut where Magnus was waiting for their meeting to start.
She ran inside and scanned the room.

"Tera, is there something wrong?" Magnus asked as he stood up.

"S-someone, came to my hut! He h-had a weapon on hand!" Tera cried.

"Was he acting threatening?" Magnus asked.

"Yes! They were threatening that if I did not open the door that they would break it down themselves, and that they had a knife." She answered as tears continued to pour down her face.

"Are you sure it just was not some elf trying to scare you?" He asked.

"That is exactly what it was!" She cried as she clenched her fists, digging her nails into the palms of her hand.

"I will deal with it, you head on back and forget it happened." Magnus replied.

"I can not be alone!"

"Fine, I shall hire you a guard, Garnier perhaps?" He asked.

"Garnier was probably the one who was at my door ready to kill me." Tera hissed as she fidgeted with her rain soaked hair. "I do not need a guard, I need to be in a place where elves are around me, and where there are eyes as witnesses."

"That can not be arranged I am afraid, I will send you a guard. Someone other than Garnier." Magnus answered.

"I already told you, I do not want a guard!" Tera snapped as she twirled her hair until it was tightly wrapped around her finger.

"This discussion is over." He snapped.

And she had to drop it. There was simply not enough elf-power and she knew it. She unclenched her fist, letting her hands fall loose.

"I am sending you someone whom I trust completely." Magnus said. "Reaver!" He shouted out.

Reaver came over quickly and hardly even glanced at Tera before turning to Magnus. "Yes sir?"

"Would you, escort, princess Tera back to her tree hut. She needs a guard."

Reaver looked at the princess suddenly, and she noticed that he was studying her figure. Tera glared at him and he immediately moved farther away. "Sir, I am not so sure being her guard is a good idea."

Magnus gave a puzzled look, so Reaver walked over to him.
He whispered into Magnus's ear, and kept glancing over in the princess nervously.

"That is simply mad!" Magnus bellowed. "How are you afraid of this child? I am sure that she could not hurt a fly." Magnus laughed while his red curled hair bounced atop of his head.

Tera was shocked, yet pleased. Me? This Reaver elf is scared of me?

"I will escort her back to her hut, but, I do not think being her guard is a wise idea." Reaver finally said as he slowly approached the blond Elfess and quietly stood beside her.

She looked at Magnus in disgust while Reaver looked straight ahead. "We should be leaving now Princess."

"Fine." She answered as Reaver walked outside. Before following him, Tera turned around calmly and looked at Magnus. "One day, You will be the one without enough protection. On that day you, will bow down to me, begging for help, and I will not."
_________________
As the thunder roared outside, and the trees swayed in the strong winds, Tera sat quietly on her bed, reading over the scroll that she had received. Tears continued to flow, and they were not all for her father, but for the shear weight of the day. And now, she was being told by the most powerful elf in the elemental kingdom, that they would not protect her to the extent that she needed.
If Tera were to ever become brave enough, she would take the thrown and become the first Elemental queen in years.
As she sat on her bed, she kept thinking over what she would do if she were to have the chance to become the new queen. But, as she kept on imagining, the thought shifted into nothing but fog in her mind, it then shifted to the thought of somehow getting enough courage to break Magnus down, by taking away his pride, so that Tera could get him to do whatever she pleased.
The princess watched from her bed as elves from her old kingdom passed by outside. The window in her bed chamber was large, and gave her enough of a look outside that she did not feel as if  she were inside at all, but with the rain outside. Though the feeling felt real, she still knew where she was, and why she was there, and her hair that had now completely dried, reminded her of it, but questions kept popping up into the princesses large and thoughtful mind. Am I good enough? Am I brave enough? Am I smart enough? Is it possible? Can I do this? Can I achieve this? Tera simply just did not know the answer, and she did not know if she ever would.