Chapter 28

You're the little rat I've heard about?" Cascara hissed.

Yes ma'am" I answered quietly.

And you also said that my son, Moonsnapper, should be second in command?" She asked.

Yes ma'am." I answered.

She glared at me with such a passion of hatred I felt like spiders were crawling under my scales. "I will arrange the wedding." She said with a smile.

Wait, whaa????" My eyes widened.

Hehe, mother, can we have a little chat please?" Moonsnapper asked Cascara.

No, not now darling, I want a chat with my future daughter in law." Cascara answered.

Hehe, come now mother, lets not go that far." He slightly hissed.

Umm, ma'am, I don't mean to be rude but, I don't think I want to be married yet, I'm still figuring my life out and, since I'm an elf and I'm the queen of the elemental kingdom, how could this work out? Moonsnapper is a dragon." I tried explaining.

Hmm, too true but, you can always come back and visit or, have him living with you in the palace." She replied.

I don't think that would work out, and I'd like to know that I have a choice, I mean, Moonsnapper's nice and all but, I don't exactly; love him." I explained.

Pardon? Did you just say that Moonsnapper isn't good enough for you?" Cascara asked.

WHAT?! No! I would never say anything like that!" I cried.

I think she did say that Cascara, she needs to be punished, lets say, death." Luciana said.

No no, torture." Cascara said.

NONE OF THAT!!!! No one will be killing or torturing anyone!" Moonsnapper roared.

Did you just say no?" Cascara asked her son.

Yes, I did say no. As the co, ruler, I say no to any murders, and I say no to torture; no one will do anything bad to Queen Tera as long as I live." Moonsnapper answered.

Well, we could just kill you but, the whole reason this was brought up was actually involved with you." Luciana mumbled.

Ey! No no no! There will be no killings!" Spinescale snapped.

I need to get home please help me." I whimpered.

Of course we will help you, but we will have to find Juana." He answered with a smile.

Who's Juana?" I asked.

Juana is a very powerful elf, she has magic like no other, she is the kindest witch you will ever meet, she does have a dark side coming from her mother." The leader explained.

Who's her mother and why is she said to be bad?" I asked.

I didn't say her mother was bad but, she is really bad and we never speak of her." He answered.

What did she do?" I asked.

Mahatma created such a powerful explosion using dark magic years and years ago when Queen Thorn was only about three weeks old. Elves were still separated in groups then, there were no elements. Anyways, it killed her family and Thorn's. We found Thorn and raised her as our own, but that evil creature sensed Thorn's power and came after her and we well, nearly killed her, but not killing her just caused a banishment and now she is roaming around the ice kingdom freezing to death hopefully dead." Spinescale explained.

Wow, that's umm, very, scary." I replied.

Lets not say anymore about her, I'll go find Juana." Moonsnapper said as he took off into the air with incredible speed.

So if you could just arrange our wedding, that would be great." Luciana whispered to Cascara and she nodded.

Will he be ok?" I asked.

He'll be fine but I should go with him." Spinescale answered as he took off into the air after Moonsnapper.

Ok Tera, if you could just arrange our wedding." Cascara said.

Yeah, I'm not going to do that for Spinescales sake." I replied.

I suppose since both Spinescale and Moonsnapper aren't here at the moment I am in charge." Cascara said.

Spinescale appeared behind us all. "Oh and, Queen Tera's in charge!" He cried as he took off into the air again.

Wow, how lucky is she." Luciana growled as she looked at me. "So you're meant to be the greatest queen? I would rather go with that horrible king they have in the fire kingdom."

Magnus is, not that, horrible." I mumbled to myself. "Don't be rude!"

I'm just speaking the truth, and I hope that you become an elf again soon so you can just leave." She hissed.

Oh how nice to hear from someone who actually liked me once we met." I hissed.

I liked you because I thought you were a dragon." She growled.

You didn't know I was an elf and you liked me because I was being joyful and giving a reason to be liked!" I snapped.

Oh please, I bet you aren't even that nice." She evilly laughed.

I am but you definitely aren't." I hissed.

Excuse me?" She said as she looked hurt. "Elves killed my friends! I have a reason yo be upset with you stupid creatures!"

No one ever has that big of a reason to be upset with someone who didn't do anything." I growled.

I can't believe they chose you to be queen." She sobbed as she ran away towards some caves.

I watched her disappear and I sighed. I shouldn't have been that hard on her, my father was the reason her friends and someone's family members, were dead; and it was all because of elven kind and what they decided to do with their lives.
I slumped over a giant log which was actually a tree that had been pushed down to be a seat. I looked around the circle around the little fire and I saw that there were logs all around, circles and circles around the circles. It was amazing how the dragons of the forest lived and what they were capable of. They did look smaller compared to the statue of a dragon in the fire kingdom, I didn't quite remember what those were called.
..