Chapter 26

"What's going on!?" I cried as I sat on a large rock whining. "How do I turn back!?!?!"
I listened quietly to the sounds of the forest when I suddenly heard the rustling of bushes around me. "Witch woman? Is that you!?"
I continued watching and listening, but I soon got tired and jumped off of the rock and continued walking along the road.
I kept hearing the bushes rustling alongside of me, but it could be a bird. I sighed as I neared the waterfall where Magnus had escaped from. If only I had not saved him, if he was locked up I could have prevented this from happening, but no, I had to be called to a meeting which was actually a trap, and a vote on whether to kill me or not.
The rustling did not stop and I grew angry with it. "WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU!!!!??!??" I roared as I jumped onto something. "Oh my god!? WHAT ARE YOU!!!!??!?" I screamed before falling off of the giant scaled creature. I spotted a tail and my eyes grew wide, I forgot what I was became horrified of this creature. I knew what it was but, I forgot what I was. "DRAGON!!!!" I screamed. "IT IS A DRAGON! HELP!!!!"

"What the hell is wrong with you?" The creature asked as it slithered out from the bushes. "Do you not know when your type is around?"

"Type?" I asked. "What do you mean type and how can I understand you, how can you understand me?!"

Another dragon who looked like the one I was currently starring at appeared and my eyes almost popped out of my head. "Sounds like somebody got to her head." It whispered to the other.

"HEY! HOW CAN I UNDERSTAND YOU!!!??!" I cried out in confusion and fear, at that point I did not know what I was feeling.

"Oh my gosh, I think you are right, she does not even recognize us." The first one replied to the other. "My name is Luciana, this is Moonsnapper."

"You have names?!" I asked in astonishment as I almost fell backwards.

"Strange, I thought that we all had names. Is there some place where we do not have names?" Luciana asked as she approached me slightly.

"You are a dragon though, oh wait, maybe this is just a dream, maybe I fell asleep in my cell, Winter is whining and I am just dreaming about this." I said to myself and the two dragons looked at me in confusion.

"What cell? Were you kept as a pet!? Because if you were I will just find them and I will burn them!" Luciana roared before her emotion changed from anger to fascination once again. "Who is Winter? Is he from the Snow glades?"

"Snow glades?"

"Wait what?" Moonsnapper asked. "You know that they would kill us right?"

"So what?! NO ELF IS TO EVER KEEP US AS A PET!!!! NEVER!!!!" Luciana roared. "And also, you would not be going with me. I would be going alone."

"First of all, no. And, yeah, you do have a small point that keeping one of us as a pet is a huge crime but, what good is, dying?" Moonsnapper asked.

"Sorry to, interfere but, do you know how I could maybe wake up?" I asked.

"Sure, I mean if this is a dream then well, that is sad because I love living but, if this is a nightmare to you then, Moonsnapper should maybe bite you." Luciana answered.

"That would be great thanks." I replied and she smiled at me with all her sharp teeth which made me squirm out of fear.

"Are you sure this is a good idea?" Moonsnapper asked. "I have a really bad bite."

"Nothing we have not felt before!" Luciana said as she backed away from me. "Not to be rude but, whenever he bites someone I either get bit, hit or slashed."

"Makes sense." I answered as Moonsnapper now approached me.

"Please do not bite me before you wake up." He pleaded and before I could say another word I felt his teeth enter my scaly skin and I jumped up in the air roaring.

"OH MY FREAKING GOD!!! OWWW!!!" I roared as he quickly backed away just as I was about to whip him in the head with my tail.
Within seconds I quickly calmed down and I burst into tears.

"Oh my goodness! Are you ok?" Luciana asked as she quickly scooped me up with her large green wings.

"No I am not, I am a dragon who can understand other dragons, a witch did this to me, I am not an elf anymore and I just want to go home." I whimpered.

"You are an elf?" Luciana dropped me.

I seemed to shrink to a very small height because Moonsnapper was looking at me with worry as Luciana glared at me, a deep menacing growl was emerging from within her. "Yes." I squeaked before she charged at me.

"LUCIANA NO!!" Moonsnapper roared as he grabbed onto her, pulling her back from me.

"She is an elf! SHE IS THE REASON KIANA AND CHARCOAL ARE DEAD!!!!!" Luciana roared as she almost tore away from Moonsnapper's grip. "She is just as bloodthirsty as the others!"

"Please! I would never hurt any dragon ever!" I cried and she stopped struggling.

"Let go of me Moonsnapper." She said and my eyes grew wide.

"I can not do that when there is a chance of you hurting her." Moonsnapper replied.

"Just let go of me and I wont kill her." Luciana hissed. Moonsnapper hesitated but let her go.
She stomped over towards me and nearly lifted me up by my throat. "If you ever even leave a single little scratch on Moonsnapper, I will kill you." She hissed and I nodded as I scratched at her talons to let me go so I could breathe.
She let go and stomped away.

"You coming?" Moonsnapper asked.

"You are allowing me to follow you?" I asked as I took a step back.

"Sure." He answered. "Just, be careful and make sure you can be seen, hiding behind something is not a good idea."

"Alright." I cautiously answered as I began walking behind them.

"Great." He replied as he proudly entered the thick brush of the forest.

As we walked together curiosity swarmed my mind. "What is it like there?" I asked.

"Where?" He asked.

"You know, where the dragons live." I answered.

"Dragons? We only live with our kind, all the others live in other environments." Moonsnapper explained. "Like the Snow glades, not too far from here, kinda close to her but still miles away."

"But what is it like?" I asked again.

"It is beautiful, there was a fire there so, we are collecting all the burnt wood and we are using it as resources. It is still nice there and we have created many more dens." He explained as he looked up at the sky.

"Who were they?" I asked.

"Who were who?" Moonsnapper asked as he turned to look at me.

"Kiana and Charcoal." I answered.

"Oh, they were our closest friends." He replied. "Elves from the forest kingdom killed them, but, since the fire happened, they all moved away and we have been free."

"I am so sorry that happened." I said quietly as guilt showed through on my face. He smiled as we continued to walk through the very dense forest...