Chapter 16

I woke up tired. I had had the worst sleep since my first night as Queen.
As I sat up I could hear yelling from the other side of the chambers door. I got up quietly and pressed my ear up against the door, listening intently.

Get rid of her." Poppy hissed to Reaver. "I can not have her here."

She is required to be here, she is the new queen of the elemental kingdom, she has the most power." Reaver explained. "We need to be welcoming her, or she can do serious damage."

Ha!" Poppy laughed. "More damage than what I am capable of? I doubt it. If she wants a war, we can defeat her, we have the strongest army."

Yes, but she is stronger when she has every other kingdom in her kingdom, even some of our own are loyal to her." Reaver replied.

I do not care, get rid of her now." She hissed.

Talk to the king." Reaver spat.

I could hear Poppy stomping off down the hall, and then I heard the doorknob of my door. I bolted for the bed, where I quickly buried myself under the sheets, creating a mess of the bed.
Reaver cape in and began laughing. "You sure do make a mess while you are sleeping."

No I do not." I hissed.

I assume that you were just listening by the door?" He asked.

No."

Do not worry, your elemental majesty, I will not create a small war between you and." He sighed. "The Queen."

Not a fan of her either?" I asked as I sat up to drink the new tea that was set on the bed in front of me.

Reaver shivered slightly as he sat down on the edge. "I am required to be, helpful, for the kings, fiancé."

I chuckled slightly. "I still cannot believe it was my own sister that Magnus chose to marry, how could it have not have been some different woman?"

The King has strange taste in women." Reaver replied. "I remember his first choice, he brought her to dinner, and she was, well, an animal. By the time that Magnus was finished his meal, most of the food on the table was gone."

I laughed. "How could that even be possible?"

Well, I suppose I did help." He replied with a small chuckle.

I laughed along with him until I got up from my bed. Reaver left suddenly in a hurry, and I quickly packed up.
By late afternoon I was on my way to the center of the Fire kingdoms village, where my Mare Catholina was waiting.
As I was walking down the road, I was stopped in my tracks by non other than Poppy. "May I help you?"

Are you leaving?" She asked calmly.

What does it matter to you?" I asked as a growl emerged from my throat.

It does not matter." She replied. "Would you like help packing?"

No."

Where are your guards?" Poppy suddenly asked.

They are not coming, it is required for me to be here to listen in on the plans for the kingdoms, but, since I have to leave, for, unknown reasons, I am leaving my guards to listen for me." I explained.

Well then." She turned away quickly. "You better get going, before you can no longer see."

I clenched my teeth together. "I am surprised that you would not want me to stay longer, because I am sure that being in the dark would be no problem."
I took her silence, and knew that she had realized her mistake.

You know what? You should stay a little longer, I am sure that it is, in fact, safe." She replied. "Stay."

Mm, no, you were right before, it is probably too, dangerous to be out that late on my own."

NO!!" Poppy cried as she grabbed my arm. "We need to bond, we are sisters after all."

I pulled my arm away, looking at her intently. "No."
I saluted at Poppy, and then I winked, while she glared at me. I pulled myself up onto Catholina's back.
Suddenly I heard yelling, I looked behind me, and out of excitement and surprise, I fell off of Catholina, from the side, but, I was caught, by Magnus.
I chuckled. "Funny seeing you again."

WHAT!!?" Poppy snapped.

Whoops." I snickered as Magnus helped me down. "Just, a, let us say that it was, well, a friendly meeting."

Poppy's face was red, either with embarrassment of no known reason, or, she was very angry. "Magnus dear, I think it is time, that we send our "friend" Tera, back to her home."

Magnus nodded and took my hand. "It was a pleasure seeing you again your majesty."

I blushed. "I very much agree." I looked over and saw Poppy glaring at me, sending a note through the air. "But, it is my time to leave, I shall see you months from now."
Magnus nodded as I mounted my beautiful white Mare.
I nodded to both Magnus and Poppy as Catholina began trotting away towards the woods past the kingdoms gate.
At sundown, I was halfway to my kingdom, I could hear noises around me, but I ignored them, for it was already terrifying enough to be on my own, at sundown, when the shadows were slowly taking over.
My breathing became heavy as I continued down the dirt road, created by the slaves, that elves no longer possessed. Every shadow cast by the trees I passed, sent a shiver down my spine. I was cold, I had no time to find a coat, for, there were creatures of danger around every tree.
I could hear twigs snapping all around me, Catholina was even starting to notice, and she was getting jumpy. If a wolf were to appear, Catholina was sure to abandon me, no matter how much I had proven that she was loyal to me, and only me. I shivered as the night sky became dark, the sun fully hidden by mountains, now all I had was a torch, that was sure to disappear in the storm that was to come...