Chapter 21

As I looked around the water kingdom my skin crawled. I did not like that there was a murderer controlling the throne. I saw an Elfor who had a crooked smile and looked terrible in those ragged old clothes, and then I saw him wearing such a beautiful necklace that did not suit him at all.
I walked up to him quietly and as I approached him he smiled.

What can I do for you?" He asked.

I am looking for a necklace." I answered.

What kind of necklace may I ask?" He asked.

One that the little water princess was wearing the night she disappeared." I answered. "I want it, that necklace has so much beauty and, it is worth so much to me I would pay so much just to get it."

You are in luck!" He said as he took the necklace off. "That little rat came to me looking for an escape, she offered me the necklace in return for a whole carriage. She had stolen so much that night, I saw her little bag. I refused to take the necklace and the money that she had offered me so she threw it at me and took a carriage, then I never saw her or the carriage again." He explained. "Now, I would like 500."

No liar deserves that money." I hissed as I snatched the necklace out of his hand. "Princess River stole nothing, she wanted an escape so that she could live, she offered you the money and kept her necklace on her neck you said there was not enough money and you wanted her necklace too, she handed both to you and you made her leave without a carriage, you stole her most prized possession."

How could you know?! No one knows where she is!" He snapped.

I do." I hissed and that had seemed to have caught the attention of the crowds around us, but I had not noticed. "I have adopted her as my own! After all this kingdom has done to her she deserves to be happy and free!"

Princess River is alive?!"Someone out of the crowd asked and I turned around only to see an Elfor dressed in a colourful robe of scales. Guards were surrounding him. "My niece is alive?"

You are the one who wants to take the throne." I hissed.

I would do no such thing, it belongs to River." He answered.

I would not believe you even for a second!" I snapped.

I do not care what you believe, that is my niece who does not belong to you no matter what a scroll says!" He roared.

She does not want to see you ever again." I hissed.

I am sure what you say is all just one big lie! Bring me my niece before I have you executed." He ordered.

I would never take such orders from an Elfor." I hissed.

I would never listen to such a child." He spat.

I am not a child, but I am a queen!" I snapped. "Queen of the elemental kingdom, and I will not take such terrible treatment from an elf whom says he does not want the throne but acts as if it is already his."