Chapter 9

The election...

The sky was dark, full with storm clouds closing in on the light that had been left by the sun. I stood tall among all of the elves around me.

Amber looked at the crowd and back at me. "Tera has been chosen as your Elemental queen."

Magnus burst out in excitement, I was confused but he seemed happy. "Thank you all, I shall serve you all well."

Magnus, you are not the king." Amber hissed.

What?"

I think, that it is time you pack up all of your belongings." I said to Magnus, a grin smeared across my face.

This is not possible." He hissed in a low whisper. Although he looked as though he thought of himself as a failure, I caught a glimmer of some strange mysterious look in both of his eyes.
I smiled at the crowd. "Thank you all so much! I never thought that you would choose for me to be your queen. I did not believe in myself, and I certainly did not think that you would believe in me. I am so lucky, and I promise, I will be the queen that you ne-"
An arrow flew past my face, scratching my cheek slightly. I could hear screams from all around me as I stood frozen.

Guard the queen!!" Amber cried.

Someone is missing." I mumbled as guards surrounded me. "Who is missing?"

What is it that you mean your highness?" One of my new guards asked.

Someone was here a second ago, and now that someone is missing." I answered.

Wait, I do not see-"

Magnus." I hissed. I heard one of my guards cry out in pain, I realized now that he had been hit by an arrow. "Amber! Take him to be healed!"

Of course your majesty." She answered as she had another guard help her take the wounded guard away.

I squished my way out of the circle of guards and looked around until I saw an Elfor more red and elegant than the others. "MAGNUS!!!!!!"
He turned around, and caught my eyes in his gaze, he took no time and continued to flee the scene. I jumped off of the ledge that I had been standing on, and started making my way towards him, as fast as I could possibly go without tripping on the gown I was wearing.
I pushed my way through the crowds, following closely behind Magnus, but as arrows flew through the sky, there was a stampede of terrified elves, who were trying to get away, and soon, I was whisked away with them, loosing sight of Magnus.
As soon as I could get through the stampede of elves again, I quickly escaped to the palace, unharmed, and found a bunch of my guards waiting at the entrance. "What is the news?"

Laurus made it." Amber sighed "Thankfully, you had ordered us to help him, otherwise, none of us would have helped him; our job is to protect you and no one else, unless you say so." Amber explained.

Well that needs to change." I answered. "From now on, anyone who is hurt during a crisis like this, or any other time that we are around, their needs, are more important than mine."

But your majesty, if you are being attacked-"

Let them attack, you are all more important than me." I answered.

We will need a queen!" The guard snapped.

And you will find a new one." I replied.