🥀Seventeen

Namjoon's pov

I have known Taehyung for quite a long time, I have known him since he was just a kid. We were both friends since middle school, then in high school we were also together and then when we both chose the same subjects to major in, we eventually ended up going to the same university as well. So the point of saying all this is, that I have known Taehyung for so long but this is the first time I have seen him shed tears this much. He was never the kind of person to let any sort of negatively get to him, no matter what happened he would always be looking on the positive side and would put a smile on his face even if he was hurt. He encouraged his friends to always word hard, he encouraged and helped me through my times of hardship and I owe alot to this guy.

And now as I am sitting here in his office and I see him quietly weeping while keeping his head lowered and only his soft sobs making they're way towards me ears, I feel worse much worse then I have ever felt before. And all because of that fucking scumbag, from the first day I met him I knew there was something wrong about him, something unsettling and that made me uncomfortable to be even near him. I don't know why or what made Taehyung befriend him, but it was something that I know he regrets to this day. And after what he did to Irene, it just made me hate him even more. I think if we ran into him now, I would kill him way before Taehyung has a chance to put his hands on him.

Irene is a very precious girl, someone who deserves to be protected from anything bad in this world, in high school she was always the shy/pretty girl who never interfered in others business and was always lost in her own little world, and the one thing I liked most about her was that she was real, she was always herself and never tried to be someone else to fit in. When we found out that Taehyung and her became a thing, my fondness for her just grew even more. She was like a little sister to me, and even though we never told her but Seokjin and I were quite the overprotective older brothers.

Among the two of us, Irene knew Jin a little more better then me and he told me one day that there was this guy who was bothering her by sending her letters and teasing her and whatever, now normally Taehyung was the one who would deal with this stuff but I remember he had some family issues because of which he had to be absent from school for a week or two. So when we found the guy who was bothering Irene, we did what any protective older brothers would do. We beat him up and we trashed his car and threatened him to such extent that he never even looked in the direction of Irene ever again. And even though Jungkook was a junior even he would act like a grown up when it came to sticking up for Irene. So when she became Taehyung's girlfriend, we were thrilled and probably as happy as Taehyung was himself because I knew his feelings for Irene, he was literally spending his days and nights thinking of Irene. There was never a time in the day when he wasn't thinking about her.

But...................that night on Taehyung's wedding night. After he left the hotel, I called him after a while to check up on him to make sure everything was good. I called him over ten times but he never picked up, I was naturally worried so the three of us. Me, Jin and Jungkook drove straight to his house, upon reaching there the moment I stepped out the car I knew something was wrong, I could just feel the tension in the air. As we walked toward the entrance, I stepped ahead of them and knocked on the door. I must've knocked a dozen times before I heard any movement from the inside, as the door finally opened a little my eyes went wide in shock because of the sight I saw.

Flashback----->

Author's pov

"I-Irene.......... What happened, what happened to you" Namjoon was barely able to get his words out as he saw Irene standing with bloodshot eyes, bruises on her wrists, red slap marks on her face and dark bags under her tired eyes. But even still she managed to put a faint smile on her face when she saw Taehyung's friends.