🥀Sixteen

Author's pov

"Do you know what happened to Park Jimin after my wedding".

These words came as an unexpected blow to Namjoon, who was never expecting in a million years from Taehyung to ask or even mention the name of that man. But what was even more mind-boggling to Namjoon was the way Taehyung asked him the question in such a calm and polite manner without the slightest bit of anger or tension in his tone.

"Park.............Jimin" Namjoon repeated his words to try and grasp the question he was asked, and Taehyung slowly nods a little. Taehyung never wanted to bring up his name, but the possibility of running into him at Jin's wedding was definitely something that was lingering in his brain. And he knew that if he came across him again, he would do something that he would regret.

"Well..........to tell you the truth pal. After that day........he kind of fell off the map, we all cut our connections with him because of what he did to Irene............." as Namjoon mentions the past he notices a change in Taehyung's expression, he notices how his anger is visible clearly on his face as it builds up,"But....... I heard from a guy that he left Korea, and ended up starting some kind of shady business in Japan".

As Namjoon answers his strange question, a thought arises in his brain that makes him want to ask Taehyung why he is curious about him after all this time, but at the same time he knows how sensitive Taehyung is towards this topic and he doesn't want to further push any wrong buttons. Namjoon just sits in silence as he carefully analyzes Taehyung who is also lost in thought with sorrowful eyes. Suddenly Namjoon's eyes grow a little wide when he notices a tear falling down Taehyung's face.

--Flashback--

"By the power vested in me. I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss the bride now".

With faces literally reflecting love for each other, Taehyung gently lifts the veil off Irene's face and as her eyes lift up and meet with Taehyung's, his heart melts as soon as the reality hits him that this woman who looks more like an angel than a human being is going to be his wife, a warm and loving smile form's on Irene's lips upon seeing the happiness on Taehyung's face. Taehyung slowly leans in closer and approaches Irene's lips and stops right when he is an inch away.

"I love you" a whisper is heard by Irene from his mouth before he connects his lips against hers. As the couple finally seals they're bond with each other, the alter hall erupts in hooting mostly because of Taehyung's friends. As the two pull away from the kiss and hold hands, they turn to the crowd sitting before them while the Priest announces them to the world.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, I present to you Mr and Mrs Kim Taehyung" these words when heard by Taehyung and Irene are like music to they're ears, something they had both been longing for years and finally they were officially together, finally it was starting. The chapter in they're lives that they had been waiting for, and they knew this chapter was going to be full of ups and downs but as long as they had each other nothing could drag them down.

As the crowd cheers for them, the newly weds just look at them all with smiling faces before turning to face each other and meet each other's eyes, that are full of love for each other.

"Let's walk on this flower road together my love..........for as long as we're alive, we'll never drift apart from each other" Taehyung again confesses his feelings to Irene in a low voice that cause her to blush as she lowers her head.

"Congratulations man, you finally grew the balls to do the thing you always said you were gonna do" suddenly Taehyung's best man comes upto the two of them to congratulate them, Taehyung turns to face the person and a big smile form's on his face as he let's go of Irene's hand for a second and wraps his best man in a tight hug.