🥀One

Irene's Pov

How many days has it been, a couple of months must have passed since that day. Ever since I was a girl I had thought my wedding day would be like a dream.

Where I was the Princess and my Prince would come for me on a beautiful white horse and ask for my hand in marriage.

And I would say yes to him and we would live happily ever after.

But I guess those things just happen in only fairy tails. I had my Prince who asked to marry me but unfortunately we didn't get to live happily ever after. Our happy ending was ruined by my wrong actions and selfish desires.

I just finished doing chores around the house, and I was feeling so tired. Taehyung's mansion was so huge and only me and him lived in it. He had many maids and butlers but he fired them all after what happened.

Now he just wants me to do each and every single thing in the house and if he finds even a small thing that he does not like, he gets really angry and he hurts me. At first, it would pain me so see bruises around my body and it would ache everywhere but now I was just used to it. I was just happy he hadn't divorced me, and still kept me as his wife even if he hated me atleast I was near him.

Because despite how much he hated me, and abused me at the end it was my fault he became like this and no matter what happened I loved him.

It was getting late and Taehyung hadn't come home yet so I thought maybe I should cook something for him and he might like it.

"What should I cook, oh yeah I'll just cook his favorite pork belly" I remember because before we became like this he would love to eat everything I cooked for him and among all the dishes I cooked, pork belly was his favourite.

I waddled to the kitchen and put on my apron and quickly went to work. Thankfully as a kid, my mom taught me many different recipes and even though I wasn't interested at that time now I'm glad I took the time to learn all of this.

And I don't mean to brag but I am a pretty good cook.

After about 30 minutes or so, I finished the dish and placed it on the table along with a pair of fork and spoon for me and him.

Where is he, he should be home by now. Maybe he's off drinking somewhere, no no. I shouldn't think like that, he just might be stuck in work.

Taehyung's parents had died pretty early, and as for my mom and dad we had kept our situation a secret from them. And every time they asked me about Taehyung I would just tell them that he is treating me very well, because even though he hated me , he did help my family financially and payed for my parents multiple houses and medical expenses.

That was just one of the few reasons I was thankful for him, so even if he would hurt me I could bear it.

My ears immediately perk up as soon as I hear a car pulling up, it must be Taehyung. Thank God, he's home, I quickly run to the main door and as I open the door he is standing in the outside with a less than happy expression on his face.

"Hi dear, welcome home" I say smiling as I see him but he doesn't say anything back and just pushes me out the way and walks inside. What was I expecting, that he would smile back and kiss me.